Another Taurus Thread but with a poll :)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What was your Taurus handgun experience?

• I am happy with mine.

Votes: 84 60.9%
    • I want to throw mine in the garbage.

Votes: 14 10.1%
    • I heard about one go apeshit killing kittens.

Votes: 40 29.0%

• Total voters

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Alright this is for all the actual Taurus owners, not the guys that heard from a friend that had a cousin that had a buddy see a post about a taurus going ape **** and killing kittens. If you are happy with your Taurus post up your experience. If you weren't happy with it then post up your experience. DO NOT FILL THIS up WITH OTHER PEOPLES HEARSAY BUT ONLY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCES.

I of course am happy with both my Millenium Pro 9mm and Pt-111

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Had a PT-145 Nice enough weapon, accurate out of the box. I did test the warranty though. The takedown is a PITA and I flubbed it once, which led to the slide locking in place, so I put the muzzle on the ground and sat on the handle. Something inside broke when it finally gave, so I sent it in and they fixed it for me.

I traded it in on an XD 40 for my wife. The recoil of the .45 in that small package made it uncomfortable to shoot more than 3 mags in one sitting.

Last edited:

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I had a 3rd gen PT145 that was a great gun, it worked 100%, was comfortable to carry and shoot, and as accurate as I though needed for SD. The only reason I sold it was to help fund a Sig.

I still have a M66SS4, 4" .357 7-shot that I wouldn't dream of getting rid of. It shoots as well or better than my Smith K-frame or my son's Ruger GP100.

I can imagine me buying another Millennium, but this time in 9mm.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    I have had my model 66 .357 revolver since 1987. Carried it on the job, qualified with it yearly, and still shoot it quite a bit. NO problems, good trigger, still tight, and no screws backing out of it.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    My friend's mag release on his PT 145 broke so he wanted to get rid of it. He sold it to me for $250, it cost me $38 to get it fixed. That was 5 years ago, never had any problem since. Cool thing about that gun is that it takes Para Ordnance 14:45 high cap mags so that improves firepower drastically on such a small gun.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    You didnt miss much.. This pretty much says it all though that generally most of us are happy with our Taurus handguns. That and we hear about them killing kittens quite often :)

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I like mine. However a more accurate vote would be "I like mine as I go apeshit while throwing it in the garbage" :D My 12+1 PT58 .380 was a sweet gun, until it broke. Have to send it back to be fixed and can now never trust it in a SHTF situation.:( I'll just have to make her my range bitch! ;) My Mod.85CH .38Spl has chewed up and spit out ~ 5-6000 rounds without a single failure.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    My PT-92 sheared 1 lug off the locking block and cracked the other one. Got a new block from Taurus.
    Put a few thousand more rounds through it and the ****ing barrel cracked almost in half just in front of the chamber.
    That's two catastrophic failures in less than 10 thousand rounds.
    My Kimber has over 100,000 rounds through it with no problems.
    I think I'll stick with another brand other than Taurus.

Art

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I'm happy with my 3rd gen PT145 and PT1911. Only problems the 1911 has had are the crappy factory mags (Around 1500 rounds so far). The Mil-Pro only has a few hundred through it so we'll see how it holds up.

Videos of a 10 minute rapid fire of PT1911=901 rounds, 114 reloads and 2nd degree burns. Not something i want to try...

Part one: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7HYgTWAsg&feature=related[/ame]

part two: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-y0dc8qezE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom