Another WWII Veteran passed away - my Dad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    It is with deep regret that I must report that my Dad, Wayne Stump, passed away last Friday the 17th at about 3:10 in the afternoon. The stroke that he suffered on the 6th was not the cause, but rather the symptom. He had advanced micro vascular disease, in plain terms the tiny blood vessels in his brain had calcified to the point where the oxygen in his blood could no longer get to the brain cells and they started dying. This was shown on the first MRI. Dad started losing other functions: He couldn’t speak, swallow, use his left hand, etc. They did a second MRI Monday of last week and the damage was much worse. Thursday evening he was comatose, and even in this condition we believe he was aware that my sister Beverly was there. Friday afternoon we made arrangements to transfer him to a hospice center. They were preparing him for transport when he passed away. He did not suffer.

On the 4th of July, he was out in the garage cutting wood on the bandsaw for some crazy project. At almost 91 years old, he was still active and happy until the Lord took him to a better place.

He served in the Signal Corps of the U.S. Army in Europe in WWII.

We will have a private memorial service, Dad will be cremated and interned at the Northwest Louisiana Veterans Cemetery. Should anyone wish to donate, please give to the one of the organizations that train and provide service dogs to our Wounded Warriors in Dad’s honor.

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    May your father enjoy his eternal rest. I'm sure he did his best for your family, and instilled values to be proud of. We owe a lot to the 'greatest generation'.

Sorry for your loss; prayers sent to you and your family.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    My condolences, your father was a part of a generation of the likes our country will never see again. I'm sure he was an honorable and good man and father. I wish you and your family the best in these trying times. May he rest in peace.

La Rebel

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    I'm sorry for your loss and sorry for our nations loss. He was part of the greatest generation this nation has seen. I lost my Dad, a WW II Navy veteran almost 5 years ago. I live every day trying to measure up to the legacy he left. May these great men rest in peace.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My condolences I will put him and your family in my prayers. I lost my daddy 35 years ago, he was a WWII Vet. too.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    God bless you and your family!
    My father is 89 and served in the Pacific as a Marine. Your father's life is worthy of great celebration.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    My condoences to you and your family. It is truly a loss when we lose an other great man or woman of that generation. They all served our country with great pride and dignity. I thank God eveyday my dad, who is 95 and a WWII vet is still with my family and is in good health.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    sorry for you lost. My own dad passed back in 1992 he was in the 81st Infantry Wildcat Division in World War II, we will miss them all

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Truly sorry for your loss and its tough to go through, especially since he was doing stuff like normal and then it happens..Feel better about it being a pretty fast and painless thing for him. In this your family is truly blessed as I suffered watching my Dad who served during Korea whither and deteriorate over 3 years..I miss him dearly too and wish he was around to give me some guidance. Your Dad was truly a product of the greatest generation this country has seen since the founding of our country. My hat is off to him and others who are still with us or have passed. RIP Mr.Stump and join the other heroes with God.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I don't have the words to describe the respect I have for all those who have served and are currently serving in defense of our country. We are diminished by Mr. Wayne's passing.

Top Bottom