Another WWII Veteran passed away - my Dad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Sorry Doug about your Dad. These guys were when men were men and kept us free. Remember all those good times for as long as you have them, he is not gone.

God Bless,

Billy

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Sorry for your loss. So few WW2 vets left, hope their spirit of patriotism and selflessness lives on in this country.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sorry for your loss, my father in-law was a WWII vet. Your dad, my father in-law and all that serve are heroes to me. I'm sure you have a life time of great memories with him. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    So very,very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.:( My grandpa served in the south pacific in ww two. I'm still lucky enough to have my dad. Gosh, I'm gonna call him right now!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Very sorry for your loss, Doug. My Dad was as well...He was on the USS La Vallette (DD-448) during WW2. Lost him on 14 Aug, 1997. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him- but memories do last forever.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sorry for your loss---my dad has been gone 19 years and not a day gose by that I don't think
    about and miss him. God bless you and your family........

I'm sorry for your loss and sorry for our nations loss. He was part of the greatest generation this nation has seen. I lost my Dad, a WW II Navy veteran almost 5 years ago. I live every day trying to measure up to the legacy he left. May these great men rest in peace.

My condolences I will put him and your family in my prayers. I lost my daddy 35 years ago, he was a WWII Vet. too.

sorry for you lost. My own dad passed back in 1992 he was in the 81st Infantry Wildcat Division in World War II, we will miss them all

Truly sorry for your loss and its tough to go through, especially since he was doing stuff like normal and then it happens..Feel better about it being a pretty fast and painless thing for him. In this your family is truly blessed as I suffered watching my Dad who served during Korea whither and deteriorate over 3 years..I miss him dearly too and wish he was around to give me some guidance. Your Dad was truly a product of the greatest generation this country has seen since the founding of our country. My hat is off to him and others who are still with us or have passed. RIP Mr.Stump and join the other heroes with God.

So very,very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.:( My grandpa served in the south pacific in ww two. I'm still lucky enough to have my dad. Gosh, I'm gonna call him right now!

+1 on this. Lost my dad in 1996. He was a Gunners Mate in the USN and was in the first wave at Omaha Beach. God bless all who have served and are serving,

Very sorry for your loss, Doug. My Dad was as well...He was on the USS La Vallette (DD-448) during WW2. Lost him on 14 Aug, 1997. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him- but memories do last forever.

You guys could eternally memorialize these heroes at the NRA Banquet on the "Forever Wall!" Remembering your family hero and supporting a cause you love, and they defended; The 2nd Amendment.

PM for details!

Top Bottom