Any 2 channel audio geeks/addicts here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberSlacker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Lafayette, la
    any portable or home Audiophiles here ?
    there is already a thread for car audio, and surround sound, so lets keep it home and portable 2 channel only.

what you got, what you want, what you heard, and anything that, just blew you away.

what sites/forums do you frequent?

Peterpaul227

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Northshore
    I recently got the peach tree audio nova 150 on clearance it’s pretty nice it has a loop I can tie in an equalizer or a tube pre-amp it sounds clearer than the last two amplifiers I’ve had . the one thing I’ve learned from higher end audio is that a lot of the music I like isn’t recoded with the best quality or attention to detail in mind . also schiit audio is pretty good stuff if you listen with head phones .
    I been liking experimental rock ,doom rock , stoner rock , blues rock, and classic heavy metal for the last few years . Monolord , mars red sky , budgie , Dust , Pink Floyd - BEFORE dark side of the moon nothing much after , Julie Christmas, jack white ,I buy a lot of records and cds ( and a few cassettes ) from riding easy records . I’ve turned a few older classic rock guys on to the black keys - chulahoma and elcamino when they say new music sucks .

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I recently got the peach tree audio nova 150 on clearance it’s pretty nice it has a loop I can tie in an equalizer or a tube pre-amp it sounds clearer than the last two amplifiers I’ve had . the one thing I’ve learned from higher end audio is that a lot of the music I like isn’t recoded with the best quality or attention to detail in mind . also schiit audio is pretty good stuff if you listen with head phones .
    I been liking experimental rock ,doom rock , stoner rock , blues rock, and classic heavy metal for the last few years . Monolord , mars red sky , budgie , Dust , Pink Floyd - BEFORE dark side of the moon nothing much after , Julie Christmas, jack white ,I buy a lot of records and cds ( and a few cassettes ) from riding easy records . I’ve turned a few older classic rock guys on to the black keys - chulahoma and elcamino when they say new music sucks .
    I agree new stuff sucks. They remaster and re-release lots of old stuff.
    On an old episode of that show with Ozzy and Jack Osborne they visit a mountain where all the old master's are kept.
    In recent years (10ish) they have been doing tons of remastering of all kinds of music.
    As lots of sound is lost when compressed. So new vinyl on 180-220 gram vinyl is pressed after remastered.
    A new album sounds so much better on my Cerwin-Vega E-715 (even on my Infinity outdoor )
    20 years ago I put in a speaker switch box. So I could switch from living room Cerwin-Vega to some reasonable sized Polk in Garage, 2 same in Master Bed, and the Infinity Outdoor ones with same system. As I ran wires in attic and walls when we did a remodel back then.
    Not to say the old mint records don't sound great, but new pressing are even better.
    New 180 gram or heavier sound fantastic.
    There is an old church turned into record store in Memphis I would love to visit. I read that 40 percent of new music sold is on vinyl. So it did make a comeback.
    It is also cool to see the full size art work, inside the gatefold and extras.
    One good website is Steve Hoffmann (sp?) Some hard core 2 channel guys there.
    My collection is meek but gave things like original pressings Led Zepplin pressed in Japan with OPI, lots of Promo albums.
    I have some Vintage Joe Walsh on now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom