any advice for new landlords?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The credit check is the best indicator of with whom you're dealing. We did that from day one renting a house, and we used brutal criteria to weed out those with debts or with many addresses. We wound up with a professional engineer who planted a beautiful garden in front of the house, and fixes broken pipes. Rent comes in a week in advance, and he's been there five years. The damned house is almost paid off now.

Jimmy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Get to know your justice of the peace. Remember the deposit will never cover the cost of repairs in between tenants. Rent is due on the 1st and late on the 5th. Late fee is $15 on the 6th-15th and an additional $25 if paid between the 16th and end of the month. Eviction starts at 30 days. Send letters clearly reminding certified. Stay away from pet owners. They will not be house broken. Make sure you do single family dwelling and they understand they can not sublease a room also can not run a business from the trailer. Believe me it will save you from a headache. Make them list everyone living there. You are responsible to inform the fire department of all occupants if something was to happen. Any more than 2 adults and 2 kids then charge $10 per person more. We also supply pest control. It is the easiest way to have the house surprised inspected every month without me having to walk through 47 units. Anything else just email me at Jimmy.Nicholson at gmail dot com.
    Remember you have never seen it all with tenants.

millertime

Rippin' and Tearin'
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Youngsville
    I use a property management company for my rental property. They take care of EVERYTHING. Cost is 1st month's rent and 10% of rent after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom