Any appliance repairmen here? Washing machine issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I have a maytag Atlantis that's about 10 years old that sounds like a jet taking off during the spin cycle and kind of a grinding sound durning the washing cycle. I always repair these sorts of things myself but this isn't one I'm familiar with or have been able to find a good lead on online.

You can reply here or pm me if someone has a clue. Thanks.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Sounds like the tub bearing that is pressed into the outer tub. There is a kit for the Kenmore/Whirlpool brands. Kenmore had a "recall" on them with extended 2 year warranty.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    I have a maytag Atlantis that's about 10 years old that sounds like a jet taking off during the spin cycle and kind of a grinding sound durning the washing cycle. I always repair these sorts of things myself but this isn't one I'm familiar with or have been able to find a good lead on online.

it is the Bearing, i have the same one sitting under my carport right now waiting for me to fix. I found the parts online for around 150.00.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.

http://www.partselect.com/

Go here, they have repair videos you can watch online. Click on instant repair man at the top.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Thanks for all the replys guys. I've been busy and forgot to check back in. I will take a look at the bearings and see where it goes from there.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    After 40 years in the appliance repair biz, I can tell you that a roaring noise in the spin cycle is definitely the tub bearing/seal assy. Storm52 is spot on with his reply. I often describe the noise it makes on spin as a jet engine winding up. If it is ran like it is it will eventually leak water and ruin the transmission, if your model has one, due to water intrusion into the gearcase (transmission). You may need a few special tools to do the job.

Top Bottom