Any Bullseye powder fans? Found some available online.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I'm just getting into reloading and everyone I've talked to said Bullseye was the go to powder (for 38 spcl & 45 maybe). However, every one said is't been unobtanium for quite some time.

Well, I got a tip from another forum it's available in 1# & 8# jugs here:

https://www.wideners.com/reloading-supplies/gunpowder/gunpowder-brand/alliant-powder

I ordered an 8# bottle last night and got the email it shipped today, so looks like it's for real! I'm glad to discuss the powder here too, so feel free to comment your experiences with it. I'm looking to learn as much about what I can do with it as I can.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I've got 12# at the moment and would be willing to part with some.

It is very good for 45 target loads

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I've got 12# at the moment and would be willing to part with some.

It is very good for 45 target loads

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

That is a lot, probably enough to last several years for one person? I know a little goes a long way. I just ordered some, but maybe someone else is looking for some.

roundabout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Central Louisiana
    I've got around 25 lbs so I'm good for a while. I never tried Bullseye until a few years ago, but it lived up to it's reputation with 38 Special and 45 ACP loads.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    I love Bullseye for 9mm. Been using it for years but it did dry up there for a while. Glad to see it coming back. I like 231 for .45 acp but bullseye works very well too. I've seen it local as well... just a week or so ago I saw several jugs of it at Louisiana Gun & Reloading Supply in BR when I was there picking up some 231 and Trail Boss. I heard Cabelas has some 231 in stock as well.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I love Bullseye for 9mm. Been using it for years but it did dry up there for a while. Glad to see it coming back. I like 231 for .45 acp but bullseye works very well too. I've seen it local as well... just a week or so ago I saw several jugs of it at Louisiana Gun & Reloading Supply in BR when I was there picking up some 231 and Trail Boss. I heard Cabelas has some 231 in stock as well.

KK5fe,

What bullets have you loaded in 9mm with Bullseye? Weight and type?

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I just about shoot lead bullets in all my guns except my M1 Garand. The bullets I'm shooting for 9mm are 125gr SWC from Missouri Bullet http://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=172&category=5&secondary=8&keywords=

I have an STI Sentry 1911 in 9mm that eats it up and is extremely accurate.... much more than I am lets put it that way! :)

My 9mm is a Glock, which most say not to shoot lead. But I know one guy who does. Said the key is to keep fps down below 1100. What load do you use for those bullets with the Bullseye?

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    My 9mm is a Glock, which most say not to shoot lead. But I know one guy who does. Said the key is to keep fps down below 1100. What load do you use for those bullets with the Bullseye?

Right at 4gr which is a light target load and would keep it under the 1100 for sure. I've read about Glock barrels and I think its more of the twist as opposed to the velocity that creates leading problems in the gun. You can buy third party barrels that have a more standard twist that will shoot lead just fine. But the easier fix is to buy coated lead bullets which pretty much eliminates leading. A tad more expensive then just lead but much less than jacketed bullets. I actually have one Glock pistol that I carry... its a model 42 in .380. I've reloaded for it just to practice plinking using coated bullets and they are more accurate than factory. I've loaded the .380 with bullseye and 231. Both are very nice and no leading with the coated bullets.

Top Bottom