Any Local Places to Buy MRE's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    post a wanted on craigslist. There are hundreds of MRE's handed out and although its technically illegal to sell them folks try to all the time and you might get lucky.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    post a wanted on craigslist. There are hundreds of MRE's handed out and although its technically illegal to sell them folks try to all the time and you might get lucky.

True. I like the mil version better than any commercial ones I've tried, but of course you can't "legally" purchase them. I personally like to buy cardboard boxes, the MREs inside are just a bonus. ;)

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Do we know if boxes of MRE's given to you by a friend are "illegal" to sell? If these are truly "illegal" to sell then why do they sell them at Mil Surp stores?

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    gonzales mil surp has a couple cases worth for sale. can't remember the price. they may be able to get more in. military issue.

K9Officer1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Rangerjoes.com
    Military and Law enforcement gear website, send out an awesome monthly catalog. Case of 12 for around 60ish if I remember correctly.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    The whole gun-show rumour about MRE's being "illegal" to sell is so ridiculous...think about it for a second ....jesus. If that were true, EVERYTHING that the gov ever touched would be illegal...so just get over it.

By the way - I happen to have 6 brand new cardboard boxes with metal tie wraps on them. Apparently i've been told that they contain some type of food which the army loves to eat in the field :)

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Perrets army surplus in kenner had a bunch of cases of but iirc they were asking $90+ a case which is kinda steep compared to the internets.

Honestly though, I've never paid for them. All my friends families have a couple cases of them in the back of a closet. If we're ever talking about camping, hiking etc and mres come up, someone usually chimes in about how much they hate those things and how they'd be more than pleased to let us liberate their cases of delicious awesome. That or there's always someone who has a case stashed in their office coffee room for some god-knows-what reason.

So many people I talk to just genuinely hate the things. I guess if you had to eat them out of necessity for a week or so, I could see how it could get old. Never had to do all that, so I still like them. I don't like them enough to eat on anything but a backpacking occasion, (unlike my buddy who eagerly gobbles them down every time he can- I give him the "veggie omlet" every time I open a case) so I tend to accumulate them faster than I can use them.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    The whole gun-show rumour about MRE's being "illegal" to sell is so ridiculous...

how did the guys at the gun-show talk them into printing that rumor on them?:mamoru: I didn't buy mine I just trade a few cases for some packs of Newports and lotto tickets :rofl: And yea the veggie omelet will be the last to go. I would rather eat the left over spam cans.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I haven't found anyplace local for MREs that can assure me that they have been stored properly. Katrina leftovers still show up by private sellers but you're still clueless as to its pedigree.

Prefer to buy online from the manufacturer. Last case is from http://www.heatermeals.com/.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    how did the guys at the gun-show talk them into printing that rumor on them?:mamoru: I didn't buy mine I just trade a few cases for some packs of Newports and lotto tickets :rofl: And yea the veggie omelet will be the last to go. I would rather eat the left over spam cans.

Dude - get real. It's ILLEGAL to sell STOLEN MRE's.

I have a pen right here, it says "GOVERNMENT PROPERTY".

I have a Colt M-16 lower right here, it says "GOVERNMENT PROPERTY"

I have a Eotech, it says "LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY USE ONLY"

What do all these things have in common? They are just printed crap with ZERO weight. Just because something is printed somewhere doesn't make it TRUE :) even if it IS on the side of the case.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    I haven't found anyplace local for MREs that can assure me that they have been stored properly. Katrina leftovers still show up by private sellers but you're still clueless as to its pedigree.

Prefer to buy online from the manufacturer. Last case is from http://www.heatermeals.com/.

Heatermeals - 2 year shelf life. Camping? Yes....Survival kit? NO

but i bet they taste a heck of alot better :)

Last edited:

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    MRE's are stolen, the government stole my tax money, and bought them from companies that gave paybacks to politicians

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom