Any long distance ranges around BR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I really want to start shooting @ longer ranges than the 100 yards that most ranges offer. I also don't want to have to join a high dollar club either. I am building a "varmiter" style AR to be able to shoot 200-400 yard range so I was wondering if anyone knows where a range is that fits that criteria? I have a friend who lives near Ft Polk and has access to their range, but I really want to be able to shoot somewhere closer. Any ideas? Thanks

Bam Bam

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Long Range Alley south of Shreveport has a 1000yd range. Palo Alto outside Donaldsonville has 600yd, but you have to be a member or guest of a member (unless it's a competition).

keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Try this one...
    It's located east of Arnaudville against the levee, north of the Henderson/Cecilia exit off of I-10. From Denham Springs it would take you about 1 hour to get there.
    This is a 100% NRA affiliated club, so you would need to join the NRA if you are not already a member. The dues are $100 per year with a one time initiation fee of $100. There is a nice, covered rifle range with about 24 concrete benches and ranges from 100-300 yards, and a a handgun range that is also covered, where you can shoot out to about 75 yds. They have a shotgun area with a trap range. A 1,000 yd rifle range is in the planning phase.
    It is usually quite peaceful out there and many times I have been out there all by myself or just a couple of other folks.
    The website ( http://www.hcrpc.com ) seems to be down right now, hopefully it is being updated. You can join at BELSCO in Lafayette, or at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville. The rate will be pro-rated as the membership starts again in September.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Palo Alto in Donaldsonville is probably the closest. I am a member there and it has been some of the best money I have spent. I can go shoot when I want and when I go most of the time I am the only one there. The most I have seen out there at one time was 5 people. 2 on the 100 yd line and 3 shooting on the 600 yd range. The prices are prorated right now if IIRC. You can check out there website http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Try this one...
    It's located east of Arnaudville against the levee, north of the Henderson/Cecilia exit off of I-10... <snip> ...A 1,000 yd rifle range is in the planning phase.

Thanks for the info...this is reasonably close for me. Love the idea of the possibility of a LONG range. Currently limited to 150 yds max at the sheriff's ranges in Iberia and St. Mary. Got a new rifle that needs to stretch it's legs :D

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I just called the V.P. for Hub City / The Fusilier Complex. He's going to look into the problem with the web site.
    For those who want to join, contact Mike Brazda at Bayou Teche Guns.
    337-754-5115.
    He has membership apps. and range keys at his shop in Arnaudville.

Art

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Palo Alto seems like a pretty expensive club for the few times I would actually be shooting but I guess I could check a little deeper,but the club in Arnuadville that keano44 suggested looks like it might fit my budget a little better and I have friends in Lafayette too that may want to join.

Thanks for all the info guy's, this is a big help. Now to do my homework. :)

Bam Bam

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    Southern Shooting Center , Thibodeaux had start work on their 600 yd range last year, but that got put on the back burner due to hurricane repairs . I hope they get back on it soon .

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Southern Shooting Center is $200 a year IIRC.

I'm going to see about joining the Arnauldville club: a little closer and a better cost for how much I would be using it, mostly for access to a rifle range beyond 150 yds.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I went out on Thursday. The folks at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnauldville were very helpful: they provided a key for me to check it out, then I stopped back at the shop and signed up.

Call 'em at 337-754-5115. The range is just a few minutes further on down the road from their shop.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I went out on Thursday. The folks at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnauldville were very helpful: they provided a key for me to check it out, then I stopped back at the shop and signed up.

Call 'em at 337-754-5115. The range is just a few minutes further on down the road from their shop.

Good to hear. :thumbsup:
    I'm guessing that they'll have a table at the Laf. gunshow this weekend.

Art

Top Bottom