Any M!A Shooters Out There?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe after the holidays we could hook up for dinner or at a gun show or something and plan a day at the range.
    Another question on magazines. I bought 4 Checkmate 20 round mags from Brownell's. Heard they were a quality mag and not to expensive compaired to SA factory mags. What are you guys using?

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have 3 mags, one HR-R Harrington and Richardson and 2 BWR S-1s, all of them are GI mags. Need to get some more. Have you tried your Checkmates out yet??

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    41.5gr IMR-4895 under a 168 SMK, Winchester Brass was a popular load I found when I did some research a while back. It shoots sub MOA in my NM. If I wanted to shoot past 300 I would look for a load for the 175 SMK.

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Springfield Armory M1A Loaded (as from the factory...then the work started)
    Springfield Armory M1A Green Composite Stock.jpg

Installed a NM Springfield Armory Unitized Gas Cyliner/Front Band Assembly (from SA)
    Installed Sadlak Industries NM M1A/M14 Operating Rod Spring Guide
    Installed FULTON ARMORY - M14/M1A GAS CYLINDER SHIMS (to properly time Gas Lock for accuracy)
    Installed SEI Gas PISTON, M14/M21 CRAZY HORSE/MK 14 MOD O/ MOD 1/ MOD 2, M1A

Sent to Smith Enterprise for the following:
    M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750
    Trigger M14/M21A5 C-IED 4.5 lb Mid-range Trigger Upgrade (Trigger breaks like glass at 3 lb 8 oz on Lyman trigger gauge consistently)
    SEI M14 Extended Bolt Stop/Release
    SEI Gas Lock Front Sight - Hooded (GLFS-H) (US NAVY) (Standard issue on USN and USAF MK14 Mod O and M14SE SASS)
    SEI M14 Direct Connect (DC) Vortex Flash Eliminator
    SEI Installed in a USGI Fiberglass M14 Stock
    SEI Installed Lower Rail from M14A5 MIL-R-1913 Picatinny Tri-Rail System

Then to finish it off, I installed a set Burris Signature Zee Rings, a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP Riflescope — First Focal Plane & a Karsten Adjustable Cheek Rest (A Model)

M1A Customized pic 1.jpgM1A Customized pic 2.jpgM1A Customized pic 4.jpgM1A Customized pic 5.jpg

Last edited:

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Nice Rifle Saker. Are the fiberglass stocks any lighter than the factory wood stock?

Thanks for the "Rifle Kudos" ;)

Mine came with a synthetic green stock from SA.
    I know the USGI fiberglass is heavier than the original, but I can't answer on if it is heavier than a wood stock. Sorry :(

Last edited:

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Shaker that's an awsome build. How do you like the cheek rest? Does it hold in place OK?
    I hate to assume, but is that a typo and you meant to type "Saker"?

If so, thanks!
    I love it....., Karsten makes a sold rest. I does hold, just tighten it up. Haven't had any issues! :)
    Absolutely a necessity if you have a scope mounted on a M1A/M14 to get the proper cheek weld. IMHO

Last edited:

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Those of you that have cheek rests which ones do you have and do you like them.
    I have a wood stock so I don't want anything permanent. I've looked at several but can't decide. Giving serious thought to the Kydex unit Bradley makes. Only problem I can see is it's a fixed height. Don't want to spend the $90 to find it sits to high or to low. Take a look at it on their sight and post your thoughts. www.bradleycheekrest.com

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Those of you that have cheek rests which ones do you have and do you like them.
    I have a wood stock so I don't want anything permanent. I've looked at several but can't decide. Giving serious thought to the Kydex unit Bradley makes. Only problem I can see is it's a fixed height. Don't want to spend the $90 to find it sits to high or to low. Take a look at it on their sight and post your thoughts. www.bradleycheekrest.com

I suggest you look how much higher you scope center is higher than your iron sights, measure and purchase the one that is closest to that height. (That is as long as your cheek weld is good looking thru your iron sights!)
    Good luck on your purchase!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom