Any mechanics on the board?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kae6511

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I have a 2001 Ford F-150 xlt super crew. I've had a problem with my turn signals as of late. It started off everything worked great then I had the common problem where when I put my steering wheel all the way down the turn signals stopped working. So I put my steering wheel up and they started working again. That worked for a while then the turn signals and brake lights went out all together. So I bought a new harness and extended the wires that didn't fix it so I read that another common problem is the multi function switch so I replaced that and now I'm stuck with the same problem. I bypassed the switch in order to have brake lights until I can figure out the problem. I checked all of the fuses there all good. I'm just at a loss right now and can't figure out the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    You sure you replaced the correct harness? That's a known issue with that year model. Connectors work loose/break when moving the steering wheel up or down.

I would take the column apart and check again. Check both sides of the connector really well.

If all else is good, check grounds and the actual flasher module (big 3 pin relay).

Last edited:

kae6511

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I replaced the one that is one that is on top. Would you have a wiring diagram so I could check that it is right?

The flasher was my next guess since I don't have turn signals or hazards. Just wasn't sure how to check it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    When you replaced the multifunction switch. Did you carefully examine the wiring harness end.
    [ i mean REALLY check it ]

Next, check the ignition switch and harness end.

kae6511

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    When you replaced the multifunction switch. Did you carefully examine the wiring harness end.
    [ i mean REALLY check it ]

Next, check the ignition switch and harness end.

Im not sure what you mean. I replaced the switch and the harness.

What should I check on the ignition? On the harness end I assume your talking about where it comes out of the column?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom