Any of our Sponsors have 300 Blackout/Whisper ammo in stock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300blackout

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette area
    Academy in Lafayette had 4 boxes of 300 whisper in stock a couple days ago and today Daves gun shop in Lafayette had 3 boxes of Remington 300 blackout 125 grain open tip match for 37.50 a box.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've been having trouble finding it in Lafayette lately. Usually it's always at Lafayette or Lafayette Shooters. Now it seems that I can find it at Shooters, but I skipped going there over the holidays... it's a PITA to park there when it's crowded, and even WORSE to try and get OUT of there when they close the gate to the Best Buy parking lot... seriously, if they'd leave that gate open it would make customer life so much easier!!!

Academy on Ambassador only stocks 220gr UMC in my experience. The guy behind the counter seems to think they also carry Hornady 300 Whisper in some flavor (Amax I assume) but I never see it there. Shooters has stacks for Hornady Whipser Amax 205gr, and I /think/ I got my box of 115gr Remington Match ammo there too but I can't recall for sure where I got that box. Cabelas always seems to have Barnes black tip, though the last time I went (3rd Sunday of December, after the USPSA match) I got their last two boxes.

I'm rarely check the Louisiana Ave / I-10 Academy, but when I went last Thusday or Friday they were fresh out, if they do carry any flavors.

Good luck. I try to just buy a box or two every time I go out, to spread the cost out and make me think I'm not buying that much ammo at $1/box.

For net sales; Freedom Munitions has a couple flavors in stock: 300 AAC Blk 147gr Bi-Metal FMJ Box of 50 @ $29.69, and 300 AAC Blk 150gr Hornady FMJ Box of 50 @ $32.39.

Nothing much for hunting or social use.

And I don't care if Dave's was the last place in the State stocking 300BLK I'll never patron that shop full of dickheads.

300blackout

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette area
    Academy on amb. caf. has the 300 whisper on the bottom shelf near the pistol ammo, i stumbled upon it looking for 300 blackout ammo.

In October I asked for 300 blackout ammo at shooters and they told me they didn't stock it and said they would not stock it because it was a fad caliber that would not last so i quit asking for it there. Thanks for the heads-up on Freedom Munitions.

When i go to Dave's they are usually pretty cool, but today when i asked about some AR15 parts one of the emoloyees acted like i was bothering him and he didnt want to talk to anybody. It kind of irritated me but i guess everybody has a bad day every now and then, but if it happens in the future i will take the THOUSANDS of dollars i have to spend on guns somewhere else and let their diehard customers support them.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    In October I asked for 300 blackout ammo at shooters and they told me they didn't stock it and said they would not stock it because it was a fad caliber that would not last so i quit asking for it there.
    Funny, I started seeing, and buying, 300BLK in early November. I'm pretty much 50/50 on the counter guys at Shooters. Half the time they don't know what they're talking about, the other half they are friendly, happy to talk guns, and seem to know a thing about what they're talking about enough to hold a friendly chat. They've been so busy lately that it's moot - but I've been surprised how little I had to wait at the counter when I had a question to ask (Wanted to know if they were going to see a M&P9 C.O.R.E. any time soon, and he knew what I was talking about, wanted one too, and couldn't give me a price until they get it in)

I'll have to check for the Whisper near the pistol ammo... I've found 300 AAC BLK as Rem UMC, but near the 30-30 on the shotgun ammo side, lol.

As for Dave's, that latter experience is about typical for them, and other times they've down right offended me. Been there 3-4 times over as many years, and now I've decided to just stop checking to see if anything's changed.

I'm just happy there are 300BLk shooters in Lafayette... hopefully sales will keep local places stocking it! I don't buy it by the case like other cals, so it's not worth buying online (yet)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom