Any one know snakes?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waffles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2012
    Lafayette
    Found this guy hanging on my door.

DSC0009750.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

best I could figure was a Pine snake.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Im with the rat snake crowd. Grab him right behind the head and toss his ass out in the yard. They keep all the mice/voles/rats/ whatever else is in your yard down.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I am against snakes. Each one I find on my property is promptly dispatched by 1911 in .45acp. While I understand some snakes are harmless and helpful, I am not going to try to decide if the one I am about to shoot is in the helpful variety. I just shoot them and call the Chief to tell him to ignore gun shot calls to the neighborhood as it was me shooting a snake. He hates them more than I do.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I am against snakes. Each one I find on my property is promptly dispatched by 1911 in .45acp. While I understand some snakes are harmless and helpful, I am not going to try to decide if the one I am about to shoot is in the helpful variety. I just shoot them and call the Chief to tell him to ignore gun shot calls to the neighborhood as it was me shooting a snake. He hates them more than I do.

I have no use for them either. I kill em all to except for king snakes since they eat other snakes.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Yep, rat snake. Some people call them chicken snakes down here. They can get up to 6 feet and stink like hell. So if you ever go to pick one up, better wear some gloves. And point the tail end away from you in case they spray. Almost as bad as a skunk.

Lol, that one makes one hell of a "do not disturb" door knob hanger

Last edited:

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Yeap I would've FTFO had I came home and seen that!!
    Every snake is dangerous because I'm gonna end up breaking my neck getting away from them, plus not to mention the 10 year old girl scream I'd let out! If they too close I'll just hold my breathe till I pass out and hope he's gone when I wake up!

Top Bottom