Any one work at a car dealership

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Advice:

Research prices through Edmunds.

Figure out how much you want to spend on a specific model.

Walk out if you don't get the deal you want.

Feel free to flip off salesman who are pushy. It's liberating.

gunslinger

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    North shore
    It's down to the ford edge or toyota 4 runner, would like a rear wheel drive less moving parts.Any one with experience with these two vehicles sound off.

thanks

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's down to the ford edge or toyota 4 runner, would like a rear wheel drive less moving parts.Any one with experience with these two vehicles sound off.

thanks
    I test drove both when I was car shopping. I ended up going with the GMC Terrain. I love it and would highly recommend it.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge

thanks

Check the reliability ratings on the specific years of both. Use various sources including Edmunds and truedelta.

Avoid anything below "above average" like the plague.

When you've decided on the exact car, bring a mechanic friend if you have one. If not, pay one. The $200 is worth it ten fold.

That said, I'd go with a 4runner if its in your budget and checks out mechanically.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I'm on my second 4 runner and had 200k on the first before I sold it for a Tacoma. I can't vouch for the new ones, but up till 06 they were still built like tanks.

gunslinger

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    North shore
    well the ford is a no go per truedata, thanks for heads up on the truedata site!

Check the reliability ratings on the specific years of both. Use various sources including Edmunds and truedelta.

Avoid anything below "above average" like the plague.

When you've decided on the exact car, bring a mechanic friend if you have one. If not, pay one. The $200 is worth it ten fold.

That said, I'd go with a 4runner if its in your budget and checks out mechanically.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Have you looked at jeep grand Cherokee? My wife was set on the edge until we went looked at/test drove the jeep, had it a year and a half now. Only issue was a misfire, warrantee replaced cylinder head other than no issues at all. Fuel economy is good too, drove from here to corpus last summer on 1tank, driving 80 most of the way.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have a 2008 4Runner, the Ford isn't in the same ballpark as the 4Runner. You can find good deals on a lightly used one. I think Tactical 723 has one with a bunch of miles on it going strong too. I used to work on Toyota professionally and loved them. I just got rid of a 1995 Corolla with over 260K, still runs like a champ! Definitely go with Toyota IMHO.

Bam Bam

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    What year and price range do you have? Gonna sell my wifes 2011 4runner sr5. 31k miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    I always go for 20% off the sticker price. The way I got that number is I look a KBB and see what the price of the vechile I want in excellent condition, because as soon as I drive it off the lot it is consider USED and if I was to get in an accident on the way home that is all the insurance will give me they will not give me what I paid for.

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Just do $100-$500 over invoice then minus incentives. Easy way to make the deal happen without the back and forth.
    Dont worry dealers dont make "fake" invoices. At that price they still make a couple percent profit. Now if it is a year end model or a slower moving model you can get into minus invoice as the dealer wants it off the lot.

Also look on the window sticker to see the date. if it has been on the lot for more than 90 days they need to move it.

Top Bottom