Any Rush (the band) fans on board?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My wife picked me up the new Rush Sector 1 boxed set for my birthday. The CD's (Rush through 2112) have all been remastered. The sound difference is incredible! They're so clear now. Well worth the cost...

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Pandora is introducing me to rush, slowly.

I'm a big dreamtheater / tool / iron maiden / "symphonic" metal / "singing" metal fan - and Rush definitely fits in there, just hasn't quite founds its place yet.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I do miss MTV playing videos!

Turtle, Rush has its own place. Don't try to categorize it. BTW, look up Blind Guardian on youtube and give them a try....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Rush is awesome.

Why they are not in the rock and roll hall of fame is beyond me.

Because the so called "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" is a farce.

Also, recently saw the Rush Documentary, "Beyond the Lighted Stage" I highly reccommend it to even fair weather Rush fans. Came to work the next day and blasted Farewell to Kings. Yeayah!

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Rush is awesome. I especially like their early stuff. Love the Les Pauls through cranked Marshalls era.

I'm not sure what I'd think about Remastering though. It's kinda cool to see how it was done when it was made.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Not just Yeah, but HELL YEAH!!!!!!! Probably my favorite band with Boston just behind. Rush simply cannot be categorized because they can go from good hard stuff to softer stuff and ballads and pure assed Rock. The sound engineering is incredible and if its not just perfect in the studio, they start from scratch. They are perfectionists. They have a new track out now called "Caravan" (which is an AWESOME tune) from their next album, which I think is going to be called "Clockwork" I told my daughter I wanted it for Christmas if it was available....we'll see if we get it. Yes, "Red Barchetta' is a damn good futuristic Car tune and one can close ones eyes and imagine everything going on in the song. "Jacobs Ladder" is another of my favorites as is "Xanadu". Rush is one of those rare bands that tell stories in most of their music, much like older Queensryche.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have to say the remastering is incredible. Its like hearing 'Passage to Bangkok' for the first time. '2112' is fantastic of course. But 'Tears', never really one of my favorites, is one that you can really hear the improvement in. No background hiss at all. You can actually hear the guitar pics hitting the strings...

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Got every album, seen them three times in concert (most recently on their last pass through NOLA). I'm not so much of an audiophile that I would buy all of the albums again because they're "remastered". I'm anxiously awaiting the new album.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Rush is on of those rare bands that has their own identifiable and unique sound (just like Boston). I use to hear them referred to as techno-rock. Never really agreed with that. I always viewed them as 3 superb musicians (Alex Lifeson is seriously under rated as a guitarist) as good as the music is the lyrics for me are just as powerful.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm not so much of an audiophile that I would buy all of the albums again because they're "remastered". I'm anxiously awaiting the new album.
    I wouldn't have either but I lost my vinyls in Katrina and hadn't replaced them. I had most of the songs from those albums as mp3's anyway. Hearing the difference now has me wanting the rest of the collection though. I don't expect the difference to be as noticeable in the later albums though...
    I was hoping they would release the new album for Christmas. I guess not...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom