Any S.O./P.D. hiring

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    How? Someone joins the reserves to try it out, then after doing it decides they like it so much they want to do it full time. It's not a bad thing at all.

JR1572
    personally, i wouldn't think a reserve should get issued most of his gear, or get special preference over anyone else in the dept for full time employment. maybe i missunderstood what you were saying about that.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    personally, i wouldn't think a reserve should get issued most of his gear, or get special preference over anyone else in the dept for full time employment. maybe i missunderstood what you were saying about that.

The reserve employee has an automatic advantage because their work ethic and past performance is already known because they are already working for the same agency.

I'm willing to bet if you and I both applied for a full time position at your small department you would get hired before me.

JR1572

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm seriously considering trying to get on as a reserve. I'd love to be able to do something that matters for my community. I dont want to leave my day job and I'm not 100% sure I would want to do it full time anyway but volunteering my time would allow me to give back.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The reserve employee has an automatic advantage because their work ethic and past performance is already known because they are already working for the same agency.

I'm willing to bet if you and I both applied for a full time position at your small department you would get hired before me.

JR1572

well ya, they know ill show up on time. I get what youre saying now, I misunderstood you earlier. I thought you meant vs part timers or someone from a different division but same dept. my mistake.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Mandeville PD is accepting applicants until Friday Feb 8th at 4pm at city hall for the civil service test coming up the end of Feb. They have 2 openings.

scottjcraig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Polk
    Does anyone have information on who I would get in contact with in the Vernon Parish area. I am a seperating Infantry guy, medically retiring, and would like some real world experience/give back to the community while I work towards my J.D..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom