Any Swamp People fans here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I've seen a few episodes but it is indeed reality TV. Set up with props etc. So while the little I saw was funny and entertaining it's still just TV as usual. Kind of like Red Jacket.

What is funny about the show is it's affect on people. I work on Fort Polk so there's a lot of out of towners with lots of retired Military guys from all of the country. Some of the things they say and ask now b/c of the show is hilarious.

Some of them think Troy invented Alligator Hunting.

When I got back from Gator hunting this year and was sharing a picture of the Gators we tagged (Seen Here) I seriously had people ask me if I saw Troy or Trapper Joe out there and if so did I get a picture with them :doh:

I actually told one person yea, we just missed him at this one spot known for gators who can break tree's :rofl:

My wife has a friend in NC who is fearful of coming visit us in LA b/c she thinks Gators roam around the streets and people like on the show have to kill them 24/7.

There's more, I just don't have the time to list them lol

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    It is my second favorite reality show, just behind Flying Wild Alaska.

The personalities make the show(s).

Troy Landry in Swamp People and Ariel Tweeto in Flying Wild Alaska.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I know someone who met Troy and they said he is very likable in person. It was when they were filming the promos and the opening shots. It was VERY staged and they brought in gators that usually do film work. It was late winter and the gators did not really want to move very much.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    T-Mike is into reptiles pretty big. He's bought a few snakes from me and I have built him some custom cages for his gift shop in Hammond.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I know someone who met Troy and they said he is very likable in person. It was when they were filming the promos and the opening shots. It was VERY staged and they brought in gators that usually do film work. It was late winter and the gators did not really want to move very much.
    I could really care less what they have to do to get footage for the show. The guys and gal on the show are genuine and I would love to go in a boat with any of them except Jr cuz you might get shot :draw:

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I watch the show with my son, and we enjoy it. While sometimes it gets a little goofy, I can identify with the characters (having grown up in S. Louisiana) and the personalities as well. Troy and Jacob were at Bass Pro in Denham earlier this summer, and my son conned me into standing in line for about 3 hours to meet them. When we got to the table, they were are genuine as you can imagine, and we felt like we had been the first people in line to meet them. Nothing but class. I haven't met Wil or anyone else from RJF, but from the show, I'm willing to bet that they are the same way, and would be happy to drink a beer anytime with them. It's South Louisiana. Stuff we take from granted. Move away from here for a little while and you will get it. It's why I still live here, and why I won't leave. You, me, your neighbor, RJF, Swamp People, and Shelby Stanga from Ax Men (who I've met). We are Louisiana. If the rest of the damn country were like us, we'd all be better off. Rant over. That is all. Carry on.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I saw about 3 minutes of it while at work. Just another "reality show". I don't identify with it, but then, I'm sure some people do, and I bet they either love or hate it. I'm indifferent.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Luv the show...does anyone think that Lizbet and Troy will get a little side going ?? Like will they get caught at a cheap motel in Duson by Troys wife and lawyer ??

Maybe Troy and Lizbet need a poll.....hmmmm

LOL DAWG.... You a drama-mama for these TV shows!!

Also I think it is WAY over edited. I recall one time seeing 3 different guns in the shooters hand through various angles of the "same" kill.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I like how they can make their rifles change from a semi-auto to a bolt action and back again using only slight of hand. :bravo:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I watch the show with my son, and we enjoy it. While sometimes it gets a little goofy, I can identify with the characters (having grown up in S. Louisiana) and the personalities as well. Troy and Jacob were at Bass Pro in Denham earlier this summer, and my son conned me into standing in line for about 3 hours to meet them. When we got to the table, they were are genuine as you can imagine, and we felt like we had been the first people in line to meet them. Nothing but class. I haven't met Wil or anyone else from RJF, but from the show, I'm willing to bet that they are the same way, and would be happy to drink a beer anytime with them. It's South Louisiana. Stuff we take from granted. Move away from here for a little while and you will get it. It's why I still live here, and why I won't leave. You, me, your neighbor, RJF, Swamp People, and Shelby Stanga from Ax Men (who I've met). We are Louisiana. If the rest of the damn country were like us, we'd all be better off. Rant over. That is all. Carry on.
    Exactly! Well said, and UP THE IRONS!!

I'm glad they are just as they seem in the show.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    LOL DAWG.... You a drama-mama for these TV shows!!

Also I think it is WAY over edited. I recall one time seeing 3 different guns in the shooters hand through various angles of the "same" kill.

I never looked for anything like that, I just enjoy the people on it, and the sense of "home" that watching it brings. The show would have been a life saver for me when forward deployed, or living in Flahriduh when I was surrounded by New Jersies..

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Bruce's apprentice arrested in St. Tammany for battery on a Police Officer..

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/10/swamp_people_cast_member_arres.html

The meat and starch:

From Nola.com

Bonnett said the 5-foot, 5-inch, 150-pound Payne was going to be given a summons, but he hit the deputy about to issue it to him in the chest and scampered off to woods nearby. More deputies then descended on the area, and one of them caught up with Payne, arrested him and brought him out. Booking Payne into jail in Covington, the Sheriff's Office discovered he had an outstanding fugitive arrest warrant from Okaloosa County, Fla.
    Police there in June locked up Payne on accusations that he possessed or used drug paraphernalia, records show. He posted $500 bond for his release, but he failed to appear in court on the day he was supposed to enter a plea.

Top Bottom