Any swedish fans out there

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    Hello everyone
    First post on here, Just to let yall know I have just started shooting C & R matches and I still have a lot to learn. The first match I shot was last weekend and I shot my swetish M38.
    It worked great but was hard to get on target as it is Zeroed for 300 yards. I had to aim a foot below the target to even get on the paper. the next match I will shoot my swetish M96 or my Swedish AG-42B Ljungman. what suggestions do yall have for a new guy. I am retired military and I have plenty experiance with an M-16, I have my expert metal. I have had all my rifles since before 1995 but untill now I have not had time to shoot them much. Any help would be helpful.

These are the rifles I have and what I paid for them.

Swedish AG-42B Ljungman $190.00
    Swedish M96 $100.00
    Swedish M38 $100.00
    Enfield MK1 $100.00
    Enfiels MK4 $100.00
    Mosin Sniper $150.00
    German mod98 $90.00
    Russian SKS $125.00

BTW they are not for sale

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    @ 03protege
    Yeah I miss the old days. At least I got some while the getting was good. I remember when SKS's where $69.00, AR15's $199.00 and allmost all bolt actions where less the $100.00 In almost unissued condition. and average rifle were $40.00 to $60.00. Those were the days. I do plan on picking up a few mosins while they are still cheap. Believe me they wont last if they go the same was as the guns I already have. they will be $200.00 to $300.00 dollar rifles in 10 years and the PPL new to C&R will be looking at them and saying, I wish I could still pick them up at those prices today.

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I have a Swede but can't remember the model. It is a bolt gun and i believe a carbine with a dial rear sight engraved with a ship. I don't shoot it enough. Where did you shoot? I need to shoot my Enfields too.

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    Your rifle sounds like a M38,some M96 were cut bown into m38s and some were made that way depends on the date of the rifle. I shot at Magnoila rifle club. Im looking for places closer. I just found out they shoot Military High Power over in Pascagoula. If enough PPL are interested this group Up in the Nouthwest and nevada seems like they are doing it right. I will start another thread about it to see if there is any interest.

http://www.vimbar.com

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I have a nice little m38 that I picked up mislabeled in a pawn shop for a good price a few years ago. Have only shot it a couple times but is probably my most accurate rifle along with my k31. It does of course shoot really high so if I wanted to make a regular shooter out of it I would change the front post.
    swede.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have many old milsurps. But nothing directly from Sweden. I DID just just purchase the Ljungman's older middle eastern brother. So I Hakim is all I have for "Swedish" weapons right now. Someday I want to shoot some of those matches too. And I paid $441 for the Hakim. However the bore looks brand new.

Dave

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    @ dwr461 congrats on the Hakim I.m looking for one to. The match I shot last weekend was a great time. I'm Just looking for more and ones closed to were I am. BTW the Ljungman was made first by sweden and the machining was sold to Egypt to produce the Hakim.

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    I have a nice little m38 that I picked up mislabeled in a pawn shop for a good price a few years ago. Have only shot it a couple times but is probably my most accurate rifle along with my k31. It does of course shoot really high so if I wanted to make a regular shooter out of it I would change the front post.
    swede.jpg

Nice rifle, mine shoots about a foot high at 200 yards. Really hard to keep it in the black. what I keep doing is as I shoot I want to put the sites back on the target

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I knew that the tooling was sold to the Egyptians. But I swear to God it looks like the Swedish machinists hid in the crates too. As you know from your AG42B the Hakim has got about a million parts that need machined and fitted. There's no tool marks on the Hakim even where you can't see on an assembled rifle. Compared to the Rashid or the Maadi AK this is a work of art. It's easily comparable to my K31 in fit and finish. I can't wait to pick up some M76 Yugo 8mm sniper ammo and get to the range with it!

dave

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I haven't looked at mine in a while but IIRC it is a cut down one and my bolt is straight not bent. Now I have to dig it out to check it out. I guess i should post some pics. Those Swiss and Swedes and other Europeans have winters that are too cold and long, I think that is why their guns are so meticulously designed and machined.

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    I knew that the tooling was sold to the Egyptians. But I swear to God it looks like the Swedish machinists hid in the crates too. As you know from your AG42B the Hakim has got about a million parts that need machined and fitted. There's no tool marks on the Hakim even where you can't see on an assembled rifle. Compared to the Rashid or the Maadi AK this is a work of art. It's easily comparable to my K31 in fit and finish. I can't wait to pick up some M76 Yugo 8mm sniper ammo and get to the range with it!

dave

My AG42B shoots great, very little recoil with 6.5x55. I want to get a K31 while I still can. I guess I will have to get my C & R licence so I can get them for a good price. I have a yugo M-48 on layaway at a local pawn shop. $225.00 Is what I'm paying for it. Its in mint unissued condition. Might as well have the last military Mauser in the collection.

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    Another good thing about the Swedish M38 and M96 is that there is a military issue left handed bolt for them. They are the only military bolt action rifles that have them that I know of. I would think they would be OK for compitition since they are military issue. I will be getting one this payday.

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    I haven't looked at mine in a while but IIRC it is a cut down one and my bolt is straight not bent. Now I have to dig it out to check it out. I guess i should post some pics. Those Swiss and Swedes and other Europeans have winters that are too cold and long, I think that is why their guns are so meticulously designed and machined.

Most swedish M38's and M96's have a straight bolt unless they are M41 sniper Rifles.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I picked up an all matching Yugo M24/47 last year. It was one of the nicest examples of that critter that I've seen. It looks like it just left the arsenal. So for shooting 8mm Mauser without using a German Veteran you can't go wrong with any of the Yugo's. I picked up my K31 (and a couple of other things over the years) from Allan's Armory. He's not the cheapest. But his stuff is really good hand picked stuff with honest descriptions. I was on his website the other day and he still had some K31's. I'd pick one up while you still can. The level of fit and finish is incredible. I honestly don't think you could buy one for under $2500 if they were selling them new made to hunters.

Dave

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    Here is a video of the match I shot in last weekend. I am in the third part with the bolt action. As you can see I was busy LOL

[video]http://youtu.be/u3BsZzyeLX4[/video]

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    And you're a lefty... :)

You were working it pretty hard to keep up. That AG42B would be a good choice.

Dave

Yep But it was fun, I'm just glad they do make Left handed bolt for the swedes. I just need more range time with the AG42B. Its can make Garand thumb look like a paper cut.

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    Yeah the Hakim sounds like a little thumb guillotine when it closes. :)

Dave

And you dont have a bolt handle on the Ljungman and Hakim to keep the bolt from slamming forward. Before I compete with the Ljungman i want to make sure I have the muscle memory to place it on safe when I do my reloads. I kind of like my thumb

Top Bottom