Anybody else stocking up on ammo ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I buy ammo all year round. Nothing going to change that. Right now I figure I have 5000 rounds of .45acp, maybe 3000 rounds of .40S&W, about 500 rounds each of 9mm, .38spc, .357mag and 44mag. Also I have 18 rounds of .45LC.

If I shoot some, I replace it. The problem with buying more ammo is where to store it.

Bill Baldwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Ragley
    The problem with buying more ammo is where to store it.

ammoboxtable[5].jpg

ammoboxtable.jpg

problem solved.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Not at all . I'm not one of those that feels like my ammo should be in the safe . Just slide the cases under the bed or the bottom of a closet , behind the couch , etc.
    +1 I have ammo cans all over the house. Almost got enough brass to crank this dillon up I been itching to use.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Would 154gr 7.62x39 make a huge difference over 123gr ? New to AK ammo and about to start stockpiling.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    I'm sure most of us here have a stash, big or small. It would be interesting to know what type of ammo people are stockpiling.

I have my ammo separated in two groups, range and self defense. I always add to my range stack, buy FMJ federals when I go to walmart. I am also starting to look into buying higher quality hallowpoints for self defense, +Ps and such. Anyone stockpiling that stuff?

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Define stockpiling? ;) I am sure most are doing the same. Just be sure to buy a few good (extra large and heavy) fire rated gun safes so that your investment is kept safe. Ammo can be a bigger investment then firearms.... if one is stockpiling? ;)

I'm sure most of us here have a stash, big or small. It would be interesting to know what type of ammo people are stockpiling.

I have my ammo separated in two groups, range and self defense. I always add to my range stack, buy FMJ federals when I go to walmart. I am also starting to look into buying higher quality hallowpoints for self defense, +Ps and such. Anyone stockpiling that stuff?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The only thing I'm stashing is range ammo cuz that's mostly what I deplete . The whole point ( for me ) is to not get caught short again when the panic buying starts .

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have a decent stash of good defensive ammo. On top of that I maintain a minimum level of range/training ammo. Then I buy more on top of that for actual use. If I hit a surplus of use ammo, it goes into the stash. If I run out of use ammo, I simply don't shoot that caliber until I buy more. The goal is that if ammo becomes scarce or temporarily goes up drastically in price (election year, etc) I can still shoot/train without overpaying for anything.

Buy in bulk. I can't remember the last time I bought a single box of ammo. You'll get more for your money buying in 500 or 1000 round lots. Guns are pointless without ammo, so I spend a LOT more money on ammunition than I do guns. Don't be the dude with 20 guns and no bullets.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Ammo? Mags? Nah i don't see the point.

I hope you're right. President Obama "accidentally" got caught on video telling Russian leader Dmitri Medvedev "After the elecrtion I'll have more flexibility." But the camera looked like it was very close to them, close enought fot him to know he was being taped. I'm thinking he knew he was being taped and it was amessage, not only to the Russian about a missle treaty, but to the Anti-gun lobby, the Pro-abortion people, the Gay marrage crowd as well. We'll see Clinton's Assault rifle ban back within 90 days after the election, ammo prices will spike within a few days. If Obama gets reelected a lot of domestic stuff will change.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i think a lot of democrats in the house and senate won't go for gun control in addition to the republicans. the real enemy is gun dealers pumping up the obama hype.

im done investing in ammo stockpile, i want body armor.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I do keep emergency defense stash that does not get touched. But it's limited due to cost around 2k per cal. Range ammo is the stuff I have a hard time stocking as I love to shoot alot more then I should.

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    Stocking up? Naw, just buying the same old quantities I always have. But it's harder to find the 'good stuff' than it used to be...

DSC00189-1.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

UAE_hk23.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom