Anybody else tired of this " zombie " fad ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Anybody else tired of this " zombie " fad ?

Nope I'm just sick of all the people who are into it this week and next week will maybe be dressing up as mummies?

I've been a zombie fan for a long time. Love the movies etc.

Dave

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Not yet, but I am REALLY sick of Joe Thiesman and his superbeta expialadocious prostate crap. :run:

Prostate cancer kills more people than breast cancer, but the breasts get more attention bc they look much better than a prostate.

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Nothing in the past few years has fueled the gun industry like Zombies. I think it's awesome. Whatever gets people into the stores, at the gunshows, or online to buy guns is 100% win in my book. The explosion in AR15 sales in the past 5 years (especially first time buyers) is almost certainly in large part due the ZA.

The ZA is the element of humor that covers up the real primary reason most of us own firearms... that in the end, a firearm is simply a specialized tool with one purpose. The ZA is for most people, just a symbol of the unknown problems a person may be faced with where a firearms is the solution... a tool to be used for a specialized task. Self defense, civil unrest, natural disasters, home invasion, urban defense, terrorist attack, survival hunting, etc.... these are all potentially the modern Zombie Apocalypse.

I never advertise, I don't "brag", I rarely offer advice that isn't asked for, but my answer for all of the following questions people routinely ask me is: "It's for when the Zombies come."

"Why do you have 8 filled propane cylinders under your deck?"
    "Why do you have 50 cases of bottled water in the shed?"
    "What's all that stuff in your trailer?"
    "Why do you always carry a knife on you?"
    "What's all that pepper spray for?"
    "Why does your kids bedroom door have a deadbolt?"
    "What's in the safe?"
    "Why do you have so much plywood?"
    "Isn't there a generator in the garage too?"
    "Holy crap man, how come you have so much peanut butter?"
    "Why do you own an assault rifle?"

When I say "It's for when the Zombies come", they instantly understand that I'm simply preparing for the unknown... call it a "disaster" if you like, but they know it's not just for when the power goes out or if there's a big storm. I've managed to get it through the heads of a lot of my friends that they are completely unprepared for what I hope I am. My single buddies just buy more guns, but my family-having buddies become overnight preppers (even if only on a small scale) pretty much overnight. All of this is due the Zombies, and I'm a big fan.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Nothing in the past few years has fueled the gun industry like Zombies. I think it's awesome. Whatever gets people into the stores, at the gunshows, or online to buy guns is 100% win in my book. The explosion in AR15 sales in the past 5 years (especially first time buyers) is almost certainly in large part due the ZA.

The ZA is the element of humor that covers up the real primary reason most of us own firearms... that in the end, a firearm is simply a specialized tool with one purpose. The ZA is for most people, just a symbol of the unknown problems a person may be faced with where a firearms is the solution... a tool to be used for a specialized task. Self defense, civil unrest, natural disasters, home invasion, urban defense, terrorist attack, survival hunting, etc.... these are all potentially the modern Zombie Apocalypse.

I never advertise, I don't "brag", I rarely offer advice that isn't asked for, but my answer for all of the following questions people routinely ask me is: "It's for when the Zombies come."

"Why do you have 8 filled propane cylinders under your deck?"
    "Why do you have 50 cases of bottled water in the shed?"
    "What's all that stuff in your trailer?"
    "Why do you always carry a knife on you?"
    "What's all that pepper spray for?"
    "Why does your kids bedroom door have a deadbolt?"
    "What's in the safe?"
    "Why do you have so much plywood?"
    "Isn't there a generator in the garage too?"
    "Holy crap man, how come you have so much peanut butter?"
    "Why do you own an assault rifle?"

When I say "It's for when the Zombies come", they instantly understand that I'm simply preparing for the unknown... call it a "disaster" if you like, but they know it's not just for when the power goes out or if there's a big storm. I've managed to get it through the heads of a lot of my friends that they are completely unprepared for what I hope I am. My single buddies just buy more guns, but my family-having buddies become overnight preppers (even if only on a small scale) pretty much overnight. All of this is due the Zombies, and I'm a big fan.

Well put, I just hope the ZA will hold off until after I graduate and can afford to decently prep!!!

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    When talking about prepping I try to highlight real dangers such as meteors, emp, hurricanes, economic collapse but zombies are a bit more fun and as u will soon realize on the walking dead people are more dangerous than zombies... So to prepare for a za is to prepare for roving bandits etc as well. When the food runs out u will see the real zombies....

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    As for zombie movies and films they've only gotten better so I don't see them going anywhere anytime...

I actually hated walking dead season two. The comic is so much better... I am hopeful season three will get back to the comic or at least get better.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Yes, I'm very tired of Zombies... any idea how to get rid of them?

polls_Obama_ZombieLeader_4248_261749_poll_xlarge.jpeg
    Yes.
    November 6th, go and do the right thing...
    It's the least we can do, at this point, I figure.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    My only complaint about all the Zombie firearm related items is why must they cost 10% to 30% more than the "normal" versions of said items? Then again, if I could figure out a way to capitalize on the zombie market to make an additional 10% to 30% on the services I provide, I'd do it too. I wonder how many clients would get a kick out of their financial statements and tax returns being printed on zombie green paper in blood red ink?

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Marines And Police Preparing For Zombie Invasion

Since the announcement of the “Zombie Apocalypse” event, Barker has had calls from “every whack job in the world” about whether the US government is actually preparing for a potential zombie infestation.

While probably not possible, the exercise is following the example of a Centers for Disease Control campaign launched in 2011 which urges Americans to prepare for zombies, highlighting the importance of preparing for emergencies.

The Homeland Security Department has jumped on board as well. They have told citizens that if they are prepared for a zombie invasion, they will also be ready for real-life disasters like a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack.

So, while a zombie invasion isn’t likely to actually happen, we can rest assured that, following the conference, at least many military, law enforcement, and medical personnel will know what to do if it ever happens.

http://www.inquisitr.com/378178/marines-and-police-preparing-for-zombie-invasion/

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    My only complaint about all the Zombie firearm related items is why must they cost 10% to 30% more than the "normal" versions of said items? Then again, if I could figure out a way to capitalize on the zombie market to make an additional 10% to 30% on the services I provide, I'd do it too. I wonder how many clients would get a kick out of their financial statements and tax returns being printed on zombie green paper in blood red ink?
    I think your on to something. I bet you'd get alot of request. Silly as it may sound you'd probably run out of paper and ink.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom