Anybody go to Costco preview?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    We're members but didn't bother with the preview -- didn't think wading thru the crowd would be worth it. Personally, I'm glad to see Costco come in and give Sam's a bit of competition. We've shopped at Costco stores elsewhere and I think they offer better value and variety. I noticed in the Advocate article today about the opening that the average Costco employee earns almost $21 per hour; no wonder they had plenty of applicants(!) Wonder what the spread is between the highest paid and lowest paid employee at the BR store will be?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm going to give it a month before I join/venture over there. I love Costco. Every time I'm in NOLA I steal a parent and go stock up on supplies.

They have so much more variety than Sam's, a lot better quality too in my opinion.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Is it true they're anti gun?

It takes a lot of digging to get to, but:

Personal Firearms/Guns In Costco Stores
    Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

I've never noticed signage or whatnot anywhere when I go to the one in NOLA.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Didn't realize they were anti gun considering all the gun safes they sell.... Been there multiple times and no one at the door asked me if I were carrying. Also there wasn't any signage that I noticed....

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Didn't realize they were anti gun considering all the gun safes they sell.... Been there multiple times and no one at the door asked me if I were carrying. Also there wasn't any signage that I noticed....

That's exactly what I said . . .

I don't understand why people say they won't give an establishment business because they have a sign that says they don't want firearms on the premises.

Y'all, this is America. While we have our rights as citizens to carry firearms to protect ourselves, businesses have their rights to not want them on their property.

But like Verm said, concealed is concealed.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So, are we advocating dishonoring the property rights of others, as well as violating a voluntary agreement in which we gave our word to follow the rules of membership, so long as we do so surrepticiously.

Top it off with insisting on exercising our rights, but sneaking to do so.

Yikes!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    So, are we advocating dishonoring the property rights of others, as well as violating a voluntary agreement in which we gave our word to follow the rules of membership, so long as we do so surrepticiously.

Yikes!

Yes. I am.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yikes!

Write this down cause I'm just as shocked as you. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    New "GAME" in town Crisco lol

I noticed in the Advocate article today about the opening that the average Costco employee earns almost $21 per hour; no wonder they had plenty of applicants(!) Wonder what the spread is between the highest paid and lowest paid employee at the BR store will be?

Hummm...don't Wally World/Sammies employees make dat kind of money?

s9e3qtge3422yxce4qd8.jpg

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    I didn't make it to the preview but I did join the one in New Orleans , I got some nice coupons when I joined free case of water free pizza 3 dollars off a pack of meat etc. They also let you look around before you join.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I live on Carrollton down the street from Costco, so I hit it quite often. The products are good and the prices are reasonable. Food samples to be had during the weekend! Selection is great and the bakery/deli goods are devine. They're gas is cheap but the pumps only take debit cards after you swipe your membership card first......no biggie. I've never noticed any signage that indicate no firearms and I really don't care if there is either. My piece stays concealed and if something ever went down while I'm there, I'll handle up on business if need be and take care of the consequences later. At least I'll still be alive or at least have an equal fighting chance to be.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I don't understand why people say they won't give an establishment business because they have a sign that says they don't want firearms on the premises.

Y'all, this is America. While we have our rights as citizens to carry firearms to protect ourselves, businesses have their rights to not want them on their property.

What's not to understand? It's voting with your dollars. Would you do business with a company who actively works to repeal the 19th Amendment?

I just don't see what's so hard to understand. Both sides of this coin are easy to observe, even if you don't agree with one.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

What's not to understand?

I'm respecting their private property right not to have firearms on their property.... By taking me, my firearms,and my money elsewhere!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Costco will do fine with the more than 99% of the population that does not carry a gun on their person at all times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom