Anybody going to the Kenner Gun Show this weekend?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Don't expect too much. Ammo will be waaay to much $$, there will be the same guy trying to get $349 for $99 Mosin 91's, most all NIB weapons will be at or above retail, most used weapons will also be at or above retail ;), tons of cheap Chinese made knockoffs of legit products, crap knives, beef jerky and some dreamcatchers! :D But, alas, I will be there tomorrow to get some mags for the wifes xmas present just 'cuz it's quick and easy minus shipping. :hs:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I'm going to go after lunch. I need to run up to BR first and hock my Baer and then drop of my New Agent with LL (The Smiffy). If anyone sees a Seecamp 32 or 380, please let me know. My buddy handled one of mine and now he wants one. I will be on the lookout for a Rohrbaugh for myself.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I am looking for 308 Winchester (7.62x51mm) South African battle packs at a decent price. If anyone sees any at a decent price, please let me know. I may have to take the drive.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I plan on being there tomorrow, looking for afforadable Mosins. No one here wants to part with theirs :) and I still have a wild hair to present one to each of my brothers and each brother-in-law for Christmas.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    So I went yesterday just looking around at the high priced stuff. 5.7x28 is $40 a box LMAO.

I was helping a buddy I was with there look for a Seecamp 32 and found one over at the people with their guns in the glass case and Red Jacket signs for $350. There was a very nice older woman there who saw me looking at it and she handed it to me. The first thing I notice was the extractor was sticking out way to far and it was wobbly. Then I noticed how bad the finish was. Well the older lady got the attention of some big guy there whose name started with a "K" and finished with a "yle" to inform him about the extractor. "k" + "yle" rudely told the woman that it is normal and "Don't push on it!" "You are not suppose to put pressure on it." What a shame.

Best deals at the show were getting my Glock lanyard for $1 and getting a $2 bill as change for you $10 upon entering.

Last edited:

Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Looking for an AR-15 lower

Did anyone who went to the gunshow happen to notice if there were any lowers for sale? I want to get one but I will buy them if the dealers are price gouging.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Did anyone who went to the gunshow happen to notice if there were any lowers for sale? I want to get one but I will buy them if the dealers are price gouging.

I noticed a lower with parts kit installed only for about $200. That was the cheapest I seen. They had stripped lowers going for about $140. I don't remember the brands, but they weren't Rock River or any other popular brand.

Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    !140 plus tax is about $152 for a lower. That's about the same as ordering on line after a transfer and shipping. Were there many lowers or just a couple? I hate to go if there were only 1 or 2 available.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    !140 plus tax is about $152 for a lower. That's about the same as ordering on line after a transfer and shipping. Were there many lowers or just a couple? I hate to go if there were only 1 or 2 available.

That was just at one booth. On average of the whole show, stripped lowers were going for ~$140ish. I remember about four years ago when the election hype died down I picked up Spike lowers for $80 a piece. I think now is the time to stock up on the $44 polymer ones.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Frontier_Armory_STRIPPED_AR15_Polymer_Lower_p/nfa-stripped.htm

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I wanted to go but The Kenner Tax bill came. As well as the Jefferson! Plus the years worth of Flood insurance bill that must be paid in one pop.
    I was going to ask if there is a person there that sells Powders and Primers there normally. I was going to get some stock of Tula or CCI Mil Spec. 8 pounds of pistol Unique or Red Dot. And and 8 pounds H-4895 or Varget

Top Bottom