Anybody going to the Kenner Gun Show this weekend?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    !140 plus tax is about $152 for a lower. That's about the same as ordering on line after a transfer and shipping. Were there many lowers or just a couple? I hate to go if there were only 1 or 2 available.

I saw about 6 stripped lowers for sale, all of them were $150+ (most closer to $200). Saw two complete lowers one $250 the other $300.

What I found hilarious were the complete NFA polymer lowers were priced at $200 each :rofl: Talk about gouging. I'm sure someone paid though.

Ended up going to BR and picked up a PSA lower for $120 + tax

The prices were higher than the gun show that was in Slidell a few weeks ago. I guess the gouging was expected with the recent event in Connecticut. More paranoid buyers driving the cost up for everyone. Freaking korean glock mags selling for real glock mag prices, real glock mags double what you'd find online, broken down sks's missing parts for $350+, wasr10's spray painted to hide the rust pitting for $600+.

I don't think I"m going to go to another gun show as it's really not worth the entry fee anymore. Although I do feel I got $8 worth of entertainment listening to those idiots trying to sell the garbage they don't even know about. Some lady was telling a guy that a Mossberg Maverick was better than the 500 because it could hold 8 shells where the 500 only held 5 :rofl: Another guy was trying to sell a Universal M1 Carbine as a special M1 Garand that took magazines. I took a picture of my favorite part of the show:

i845j.jpg

0Ok1G.jpg

I checked and couldn't find any of these "clips" they were referring to just a bunch of overpriced knockoff magazines :rolleyes:

So I went yesterday just looking around at the high priced stuff. 5.7x28 is $40 a box LMAO.

Pretty sure he sold all of them too. A guy I went with was looking for some and we found one guy with about a dozen boxes at $36 per box and then the guy you're talking about who had about a dozen at $40 per box. When we were done looking at all the booths we went back to both areas we saw them at to barter and didn't see them anymore. Either they were sold or moved behind the counter or something :dunno:

Last edited:

Tinytitan

Is it loaded?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Boutte
    I went cause I wanted a ruger SR-556, found one complete model for ~ 200 cheaper than retail so I was game, got my eo tech optics sight / magnifier for slightly less than I found online

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I found a good deal on a Kahr CM9. Picked it up for $402 and change after tax ($369 and change before tax), where online I would have paid $400 for gun/shipping/transfer and had to wait for delivery.

My buddy picked up a SA XD40 essentials for $429 and change. No idea if that was a good price as I haven't been looking into those guns.

cowdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    I saw some nice LRB stripped AR lowers from Landry's. I didn't realize how nice the LRB gear were!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom