Anybody have decent job leads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Many of you from the forum know me and or have been past customers. I am going through some pretty monumental changes in my personal life and feel the need to change careers.

To be as ambiguous as possible, my former female partner is now a high level supervisor where I work and its not very viable to my mental sanctity to continue working there.

My background is in writing and business. I have done academic and legal writing, I have teaching degrees in social studies and English, have worked in supervisor roles in various businesses, and have had an odd array of experience in multiple industries.

My degrees are from LSU and Southern.

If anyone has any leads for jobs please let me know. Anything business, sales related, banking, operations training or etc would interest me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think you would prosper in the welfare system... Seriously.. I have been informed that you can now profit much better in the welfare system than in private industry... Now, if you can land a job with the federal government, you have hit the mother load..

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    With your education, I'd go back to school and get a law degree, then get a job as a lobbyist in Baton Rouge!:boink:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I work in the insurance defense field in claims. Believe me when I say there are way too many attorneys in LA. To many law schools (Southern, Tulane, LSU and Loyola), Many out of town law students fall in love and stay in LA. Thats why LA has the highest insurance premiums and the most friviolous law suits., too many attorneys competing for business..

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I work in the insurance defense field in claims. Believe me when I say there are way too many attorneys in LA. To many law schools (Southern, Tulane, LSU and Loyola), Many out of town law students fall in love and stay in LA. Thats why LA has the highest insurance premiums and the most friviolous law suits., too many attorneys competing for business..

Now, we know better than that!:draw: Insurance Companies want us to believe that....:noes:......If they were not making a decent return, they would not be writing business in Louisiana!!! :doh:

Let's not discourage the young man from earning a living!!:cool:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think you would prosper in the welfare system... Seriously.. I have been informed that you can now profit much better in the welfare system than in private industry... Now, if you can land a job with the federal government, you have hit the mother load..

For how long?

BTW did you get my trust? Decide what leather you want? Whatever you do don't go work for Wal-Mart, but they would probably offer you about 50K to start to go be an Assistant Manager with a degree if you go through the right channels and get your resume to Human Resources rather than going through the system.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Have you or have you ever considered Writing Grants for worthy non-profit organizations?
    The reason I ask is for the Motorcycle Awareness Campaign (MAC)
    www.macorg.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've honestly never thought about it, but do have experience writing grants.

With your education, I'd go back to school and get a law degree, then get a job as a lobbyist in Baton Rouge!:boink:
    I've been ;) Not interested in legal work.

Sounds like a sexual harassment lawsuit windfall might be in your future. :D
    Too much drama. I'm a high road kind of guy.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I can speak from experience here. There are way too many attorneys in Louisiana as well as the nation. In Louisiana, attorneys are hurting. Some attys will handle a non contested divorce for $75. Some personal injury attorneys are handling the cases for 25% of what the client recovers. A few attorneys have left the legal field and went into construction, truck driving or other field. SOme went to jail for stealing clients money. One atty stole one million dollars from a trust account of a client in one single check. Attorneys are being disbarred routinely. A fresh attorney out of school can be hired for less than $30K a year. Many will still be making that amount ten yrs later. I know quite a few making far less.

Now for insurance companies. Most of the Fortune 500 companies are either insurance companies or owned by insurance companies. Louisiana companies are showing huge profits and are not being allowed the premium increases they sought from the Insurance Commission due to those large profits. State Farm claimed losses but the exam of their books revealed millions in profits. For each claim, there were hundreds of insured that did not have claims.

The fact is insurance companies want you to settle for as little as possible. Attorneys know what a case is worth and will usually work hard to get that amount for their clients. One company offered me $5,000 for my injuries when my hospital bill was $65,000. It took lawyers three years but I got the money they should have paid up front in fairness.

In Shreveport, there is one attorney for every 300 people, counting men, women and children. There is not enough work for 1,500 attorneys in an area with way less than a quarter million people.

The legal field is not the way to go.

Top Bottom