Anybody here work in a tire shop in the NOLA metro area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Most tire shops consider P225 65R16 to be an "odd" size, so they charge more for it. Dodge recommends it for my 2008 Grand Caravan and some tire shops won't deviate from factory requirements to avoid recalibration of the speedometer. So, I'm stuck getting this expensive tire size unless someone can give me a good deal or have other options. Who can help me out?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Call Jimmy Duckworth tires on Causeway. Their address is 3021 N CAUSEWAY, METAIRIE, LA 70002. Patrick can probably get you a decent price on the tires even if he has to order them.

Great people. I also go to them. When I had my old car I'd go specifically to their shop for tires, inspection stickers, oil changes, etc.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    get what size you want from tirerack.com and have someone mount and ballance them then get a gps with the saving. just make sure they will fit before you buy them.
    they have them form 83.00 to 162.00 in that size

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    get what size you want from tirerack.com and have someone mount and ballance them then get a gps with the saving. just make sure they will fit before you buy them.
    they have them form 83.00 to 162.00 in that size

This.

I just bought a set all the way around in 245/45-R18, and had em mounted and balanced for almost 140 bucks less than having a local shop buy 'em for me. Plus, there's a 50 dollar visa gift card rebate in the mail for the purchase.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Discounttiredirect. Got my 35's for the jeep about 350 cheaper than I've seen anywhere else for all 5 wheels and tires.

Forgot to add that was mounted balanced and delivered to my doorstep for free.

null_zpsec737b7f.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I buy mine from tires.com (discount tire direct's online site) and it's usually free shipping and ZERO tax. Then I go to a mom and pop tire shop (NOLA tires on holmes usually takes care of me) and it'll come out WAY cheaper than any tirerack or pepboys. I go through wheels and tires more often than most. I literally go through a set of tires each year, whether it'll be from buying a new set of wheels, or tires getting knicked on the sides due to such low profile tires) Right now I'm running 305/30/24 and NOLA tire were able to mount tires on it twice already without any shake and with out marring the finish of the wheels.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    24" Prove it haha!

I buy mine from tires.com (discount tire direct's online site) and it's usually free shipping and ZERO tax. Then I go to a mom and pop tire shop (NOLA tires on holmes usually takes care of me) and it'll come out WAY cheaper than any tirerack or pepboys. I go through wheels and tires more often than most. I literally go through a set of tires each year, whether it'll be from buying a new set of wheels, or tires getting knicked on the sides due to such low profile tires) Right now I'm running 305/30/24 and NOLA tire were able to mount tires on it twice already without any shake and with out marring the finish of the wheels.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

24 inch cadillac replica wheels. So basically the stock 22 inch wheel, made in 24 inch. I bought these b/c i didn't want to stand out too much.

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    If you come to baton rouge, im the asst service manager at goodyear on the corner of seigen and perkins... I can definately hook u up. Just contact me if youre interested. Name is kevin 225 505 4569

Top Bottom