Anybody know DPMS?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    i've got a DPMS a-15, anyway to know if this is a factory rifle? or a parts gun? the barrel is dpms and the lower is, where would i look for factory marks on the upper and the bolt assy? thanks

Last edited:

slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    bolt carrier

so here are a few shots of the bolt, i'm also trying to figure out the upper reciever and floating quad foregrip. thanks for all you help on this. my main area of expertise is fender/gibson/martin appraisals and tube amp repair, so if i can ever help out on those subjects let me know.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    That's a dpms bolt carrier. I'd say with a dpms bolt carrier, lower and barrel, it was probably a factory gun. I'm sure if you call them they could provide info based on the serial number as to how it left them, configuration-wise. If it's a one piece FF rail, look at the taper pins on the front sight base and see if they have any marks from being removed to Install it. There might also be a marking on the rear lug of the upper, or just above the cloverleaf cutout where the gas tube enters the upper.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    attachment.php

In the pic above, you will see a square just above the forward assist. This will be the mfg's mark. If your "google-foo" is strong, you can find this info.

slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    i went and shot around 200 rnds of wolf thru this filthy used rifle and it rocked! i love this rifle, DPMS is awesome, now i gotta go buy a bunch of stuff to hang off of the quad rail :-}

Last edited:
    Top Bottom