Anybody use Clipdraw yet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete70056

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Gretna, La
    Seems simple and effective. Anybody use this yet?

glockbelt.jpg

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=392&action=show_detail

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    1) Not covering the trigger guard on striker fired guns = stupid. Agreed. I think it's dumb on any gun, personally, but I understand some people are ok with heavy DA triggers being uncovered, and while I /strongly/ disagree with SA guns with a safety being uncovered, I know some are somehow ok with it... I don't think anyone can argue that it's ok to leave a Glock/M&P trigger uncovered though.

2) What happens when you jam your hand down on the grip to get a good grab on the grip, and you push the grip down a bit, but the clip, being caught on your belt, holds the slide back a bit. You just then brought the gun out of battery and maybe put it into an inoperable condition until you fix it.

It seems like a stupid and dangerous product. If you want a 'minimal' holster alternative, get a Vanguard 2 by Raven or similar derivatives.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have seen these used with the trigger guard holsters with a string attached. Seems to work well with the string attached to a belt loop

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kydex-Trigger-Guard-Holster-For-Glock-/150703568310

So you use a clipdraw AND a trigger guard holster and tie the string on everytime you carry it? Sounds awesome.

Or...just get a Raven Vanguard 2. If you're in the holiday spirit like me, you can even get the red Gomez edition and use it on a green Glock to spread holiday cheer.

6yzedena.jpg

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    before I knew better, I used a CD on a g27 and liked it , till I went to draw one day for placing gun on counter for end of day stuff and the clip broke, at the turn... just bad, bad design, bad quality, bad safety.

pete70056

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Gretna, La
    For my own reasons, there is never a round in the chamber on my Glock, clipdraw or otherwise..until I want a round in there. And that is not subject to debate in this thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    For my own reasons, there is never a round in the chamber on my Glock, clipdraw or otherwise..until I want a round in there. And that is not subject to debate in this thread.

Then the Clipdraw sounds perfect for you.

I know it's not up for debate, but I would like you to at least consider looking into carrying in condition Tactical Butterscotch.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

What happens when you want a round but don't have the time or opportunity to chamber said round?

Speed is right. Sounds like you'd benefit greatly from the clipdraw.

Top Bottom