Anyone been in Barking Irons gunstore in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enutees

Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Just saw a new store opening on Airline near Barringer Foreman called Barking Irons. 1/4 mile from the house and never heard or read anything about them. Friends of anyone here?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just do not get Facebook! Perhaps I am out of touch, but the replies to that page don't seem very encouraging for their friends to show up.

However, as an entrepeneur myself, I wish these folks all the success in the world. And I WILL drop in.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    Met the owner's wife while eating breakfast one morning. Tried to buy the entire SWAT team's breakfast. Seemed like real nice people and said they were gonna be doing come class three stuff.

G

gunguy11

They are friends of friends, I've hear good things about them as people. Don't know squat about them as they relate to guns though.
    in accordance to other local gun shops if they arent snobby, slightly knowledgeable, and don't charge a fee to look at a gun over te counter they are ok in my book lol.
    (no I have never been charged just get that kinda feeling every now and again.)

enutees

Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    When I saw it tonight my wife was actually shocked they were able to build a gun store 1/4 mile from my house without me knowing in advance.

G

gunguy11

Update guys; I stopped by on the way to bring my girl to see this hunger games movie. The store seems pretty small buy they actually have it organized very well. Their prices are not bad at all. I purchased a cheek pad and cartridge holster for my rem. 700 was only $12.95.
    As far as polite! This was a definite!!! I walked in and the gentleman asked if I wanted to see anything. I didn't have to beg him or pretend like I was going to buy it right then. He treated me like a customer should be treated. They are a new store so keep in mind their inventory isn't as full as it will be. Everyone knows a new business only sinks so much money in to get it going. He knows this and offered to special order anything I desired. (he did have a very nice ruger 1911 for only $719.00).
    Overall very pleased. Did not get to test their knowledge I was on a time limit; but I can sacrifice some knowledge for service.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I passed by last night while working, pretty small but looked like a nice shop. They also have a gunsmith shop in the back of the business complex, guess up front is just the storefront and they do work in the back. I'll go back by on day shift and say hellp.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    (he did have a very nice ruger 1911 for only $719.00)

Not anymore. :o They did have a nice shop with two fellas that had been to gunsmith school. Not a lot of inventory but nic enough. They did sell me the River for a little less.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Not anymore. :o They did have a nice shop with two fellas that had been to gunsmith school. Not a lot of inventory but nic enough. They did sell me the River for a little less.

He must be a Very good salesman if he sold you a river. :)

Last edited:
    G

gunguy11

Seriously man!!! Well he is gonna have to order me one! I was saving for that thing lol. Yea there inventory will improve over time. You can only make so much of an initial investment. But as far as friendliness they get an A in my book.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom