anyone been to the alexandria gunshow this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zig500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    st francisville
    just wondering if it is worth going to its about 2 hours a way went to the kenner show i think the alexandria show is different company hope it is bigger

Last edited:

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    I just heard about this show while I was in the PX. I was wondering about it myself. I was thinking about going just to see what all kinds of funny stuff i could see and to get some really good laughs with all of the clowns trying to sell things way over what they are worth and watching the other clowns buy it.

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    I would rather jam a stick in my eye.

Very small show with way over priced stuff. Half of it has nothing to do with guns. knives, potato peelers, etc

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    I would rather jam a stick in my eye.

Very small show with way over priced stuff. Half of it has nothing to do with guns. knives, potato peelers, etc

Figured as much but I need something to do besides just sitting around the house with the three dogs and the wife.:rofl:

tecate321

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Leesville
    The only thing good there is if someone random person has a table selling off their guns or accessories which you can find a deal. Other than the normal vendors who attend who usually have inflated prices its not that great, but is something to do. Also, there are usually locals walking around trying unload or trade guns, which again sometimes you can find a deal on something.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    Load up and go to the Fort Polk range.
    They dont ask for Mil ID.

I was going to do that but went and checked out the range and was informend that I have to register my weapons on post before I can bring them on post and to go shoot at the range. They are required to check and make sure that any weapons you bring to the range are registered on post now before they will let you shoot at the range.:rolleyes:

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I suspect it will be a lot more crazy than normal with all the other gun buying rush that started a couple of weeks ago. Having said that I have been to the show in Alexandria before, last time was in Sept. saw a few interestesting deals, mostly on stuff I was not interested in at the time, ended up picking up a well equipped Ruger 10/22 with case, scope, etc. for a couple of hundred dollars from a private seller. When I was there last they had fewer of the big sellers that seem to make all of the shows, more small tables with smaller dealers, lots of older guns, plus the usual non gun junk..

tecate321

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Leesville
    I was going to do that but went and checked out the range and was informend that I have to register my weapons on post before I can bring them on post and to go shoot at the range. They are required to check and make sure that any weapons you bring to the range are registered on post now before they will let you shoot at the range.:rolleyes:
    That is correct, new people in charge and they are enforcing the rules. If you use the range where you get your visitor pass is where you registrar them, it usually doesn't take very long, depending on line.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    That is correct, new people in charge and they are enforcing the rules. If you use the range where you get your visitor pass is where you registrar them, it usually doesn't take very long, depending on line.

Yeah I have to wait until I sign in and in process then get to my unit so I can find out who my commander is. When I do all of that and have him or her sign the form then I can get them registered and then I can hit the range on post.

Top Bottom