Anyone carry a Glock 20?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Padre

Tracers work both ways
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Broussard, LA
    I've had my CCP since last November, and I've only carried my weapon on me a couple of times. It's too big of a gun to carry, but I love the gun so much. I'm guessing I should try and trade it in for something else. I want to stay with a .45, and in the same price range for a trade. Any suggestions?

Oh...I just realized I put Glock 20....it's a Glock 21!!

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    What's so difficult about carrying it? Hard to conceal?

How about the sub-compact GLOCK.45, the G30?
    Still a GLOCK; still a .45.

:)

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    FWIW, I find full size guns such as the 21, xd-45, full size usp. etc. are sort of service guns. They're best carried as OC. Step one size down into a G19 or 23, USPc, Sig 229, G30 or 36 and you should have no problems.

If you haven't been told before, it all comes down to the holster and belt. Don't skimp on the holster and belt!!!

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    FWIW, I find full size guns such as the 21, xd-45, full size usp. etc. are sort of service guns. They're best carried as OC. Step one size down into a G19 or 23, USPc, Sig 229, G30 or 36 and you should have no problems.

If you haven't been told before, it all comes down to the holster and belt. Don't skimp on the holster and belt!!!

You are correct in saying it requires a good holster and a good belt. Lots of people CCW full size handguns, including 1911's and the ones you named.

BTW, there are no handguns that are "best carried as OC."

Padre

Tracers work both ways
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Broussard, LA
    I was reading about the G36. That sounds like a very good option, but I just shoot my G21 so well. My G21 is the only model Glock I've shot, but I've heard if you can shoot one glock, you can shoot them all.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Just remember...you can own more than one pistol! I have two guns I bought specifically for carrying, and some just for fun shooting. A G36 would be great to carry, but not be nearly as fun/accurate to shoot at the range.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    My EDC is a Glock 19 ...but I just pulled my G21 out of the desk drawer to re-confirm its concealability.

I don't got no pics, but in a Comp-Tac paddle, wearing a Wilderness belt, it conceals completely under a knit polo shirt. FWIW I'm a semi-skinny dude......6' and 165 lb.

FWIW #2 .....for me, the belts from "The Beltman" (www.thebeltman.net) are better than the Wilderness belts for CCW.

Yeah, a smaller (thinner) gun conceals better, but if you dress around the gun, a full size weapon can be concealed. Get a good holster and a good belt.

Top Bottom