Anyone dealt with Billy Navarre?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Been looking at their website, they seem to have a decent selection of vehicles.

They're relatively close being in Lake Charles and I'm at Ft. Polk.

However, the one thing that is not good about them is that they don't list prices for most of their vehicles, they're mostly listed as "contact us" so that is kind of suspicious.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I grew up in Sulphur and know one of their sons--good guy. I've never personally bought from them but several friends have. They are a car dealership so one should always go in with plenty of research done even if Jesus Christ himself was running the place.

glockfan

Cause glock always works!
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Give Lake Charles dealership a call and ask for Barrett Navarre. One of the better guys to deal with on price. Like always on car buying, knowledge is best...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Bought one in 02

I had a complaint that was not resolved and I tried for a solid week to get Billy on the phone, got as far as his secretary once and several convos with flunkies. Problem not solved. They screwed my brother on a used car involving car fax...again no resolution

They are just another vacant lot full of pimps and chimps ...but where else ya gonna get a new car ??

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    They are just another vacant lot full of pimps and chimps ...but where else ya gonna get a new car ??

I will drive 3 hours to Houston or Baton Rouge to buy a car if I have to. Just because they are close and convenient means nothing to me. There is West Houston Volkswagen that has stellar reviews on Google reviews, that's if I decide to go with a VW.

Or I can go to BR, thought about Car Max there, they have an extremely wide selection of vehicles.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Been dealing with Billy Navarre since 1984, my daughter and son-in-law always deals with Navarre, my Grandson bought a new '07 truck from them. Of all the places I have ever dealt with buying vehicles Navarre has been far and above better than anyone. Also, he stands behind all repair work 100%. Prices? His dealerships, (Chevrolet, Cadillac, Honda, Hyundai) make the bulk of their money in sales. They will work with you to beat any other deal, but, remember, the service after the sale is extremely important and Navarre cannot be beat. If you ever, ever have any difficulty with their service just contact Billy himself, or one of his sons, and it will be handled quickly.

You can go to Houston or anywhere else and buy but try and deal with them if you have a problem with your vehicle.

Also, some advice from an old coot. DO NOT BUY any make vehicle that cannot be serviced by a local dealer. BMW, VW, Mercedes, etc. Friend had a new VW Beetle and had to drive to Baton Rouge to a VW dealer for repairs (which were often). Traded it off quickly. My daughter has a BMW Mini Cooper, great little car, but the nearest repair facility is in Houston.

Whatever you do, buy local or in the SW La. area. You will have no regrets.

Good luck.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I've bought two vehicles, both small trucks, from Billy Navarre...one from the LC dealership in 07 and one from the Sulphur dealership in 1996...

Can't complain about the prices...both times I only paid a little above dealer costs (based on Edmunds)...The sales experience wasn't bad either...

I had good experiences with their service dept when I brought my truck there in the late 90's....My current one gets brought to my local Chevy dealer in Jennings (much closer)

Billy also gives back a lot locally to the community, esp to Welsh High School athletics and academics...Take that for what it's worth but it is a plus in my book...

Recently, though, I've been to the LC dealership shopping for a new vehicle for my wife and was less than impressed with the sales people I dealt with...We were shopping for Hondas and both times we went they tried to push Hyundai on us...:eh:

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I've bought two vehicles, both small trucks, from Billy Navarre...one from the LC dealership in 07 and one from the Sulphur dealership in 1996...

Can't complain about the prices...both times I only paid a little above dealer costs (based on Edmunds)...The sales experience wasn't bad either...

I had good experiences with their service dept when I brought my truck there in the late 90's....My current one gets brought to my local Chevy dealer in Jennings (much closer)

Billy also gives back a lot locally to the community, esp to Welsh High School athletics and academics...Take that for what it's worth but it is a plus in my book...

Recently, though, I've been to the LC dealership shopping for a new vehicle for my wife and was less than impressed with the sales people I dealt with...We were shopping for Hondas and both times we went they tried to push Hyundai on us...:eh:

True...he does spend bucks on the community, and SJ Welsh is a good place, three years ago they almost doubled in size from the closing of a sub achiever school, good on him for that.

my situation may have never reached his ear...but I made what was I thought a more than reasonable attempt. Apparently they do a lot of things right for them to grow like they do

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    my situation may have never reached his ear...but I made what was I thought a more than reasonable attempt. Apparently they do a lot of things right for them to grow like they do

A former co-worker had a problem with paint flaking off of his new truck that be bought from them (Billy Navarre) and the issue was never successfully resolved at the dealership level...This was in 1994 or 1995...

I don't think there's a dealership around that you can't find someone who has had a bad experience with at some time...

When it comes to buying a vehicle I don't have "dealership loyalty"...I go with whoever gives me the best price with the minimum amount of hassle...Nothing says I have to bring that vehicle back to that particular dealership for service....

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Are you looking for a car or a truck? If a truck, try All Star in Sulphur. I purchased a new sierra in 2010 and had a few issues with it. You can walk right into Jack's office and talk to him about any issues, he will give you his card with his cell phone number and to call at any time for anything. At 1400 miles on the odo the transmission controller went out and wiped out the transmission, GM wanted the dealership to rebuild/repair the one that was in it, I expressed that I did not want a rebuilt transmission in a new truck. He had a new transmission ordered and took it up with GM from there. He did a great job taking care of me and I will go back.

As far as Billy goes, I have never personally bought from him but most of my family has and had not had any issues that I am aware of. I have a friend that was a salesman there for a year or two and from what he says, he runs a good business.

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Both my brother and co-worker were promised things on their used cars they were shopping for were going to be fixed. After they signed the paperwork they couldn't get anyone of significance on the phone. I'd just watch what "deals" you're promised.

petelanca

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Grand Lake 70607
    I've been exposed to many Dealers for many years. They have to make money to stay in business. Navarre puts more of what the business makes into the community and employees than any other I know of.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    Go to www.edmunds.com/car-buying spend some quality time on each of the subjects. The last car I bought I requested internet quotes different dealers. Asked many questions via e-mail, the price was locked in prior to stepping foot on the lot. An internet salesman is paid for volume not individual car sales, so it is in his best interest to give you a low price. Let him know via e-mail what the other guys are offering and ask him to beat the deal, because you would rather buy from his lot for convenience or what ever reason you what him to think you want to buy from him. The real money on new cars is servicing the car not the sale. I bought my last car in Alexandra and have yet to get it serviced there, as Lake Charles dealer is closer to me. The last car buying experience was much easier and none of that stupid game of me having to write down a number on a scrap of paper handing it to the salesman and him leaving the office to meet with the sales manager, then coming back with a counter offer and so on….

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    ANY dealer that wont outright list an asking price on the window or their website will not get my business. At all. Ever.
    If a car is parked on the side of the road with only a phone number, I wont bother either.
    This applies to anything used.
    On new vehicles, you have a standard list price and with the net and its wealth of knowledge, you should pretty much figure out what you can buy a new vehicle for without making the seller rich.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom