Anyone eat at the MeltingPot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If she's been and likes it, or someone told her about it and she seems excited about trying it, then go. Some people really like it, and kids like it.

Otherwise, it is gimicky and overpriced with mediocre food. I've been, with the kids, but I'll never go back if I have a choice.

Mansurs, on Corporate, is some of the best food in Baton Rouge, and a pretty nice atmosphere as well.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    We both love the Melting Pot. The wife and I went there for our anniversary last year. I paid extra and had flowers waiting for her at the table too.

Matter of fact I had been there with my ex-wife back when she wasn't the ex and she liked it too.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Agreed...Women love this place because it matches some fantasy clip from some ChickFlick that they saw and became a part of their LIST of...It's a decent place, but I agree there is better food for what you will pay. Sullivans is right around the corner and is much nicer in my opinion.

P.S. Bring nightvision glasses because its dark as hell in that place!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It's an atmosphere thing. IMO, the food is good, but there's better out there. You are paying out the nose for the atmosphere and experience. Women tend to love it. It's a long meal.

Pretty much what everyone else said.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    +1 on ;most of these comments. My family and I have been there, food is okay, it takes a long time for dinner, and frankly, it's too expensive. Go across the highway to Ruth's Chris.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I've been once and it was OK but I probably won't go back. The croutons dipped in cheese and the strawberries in chocolate were OK, but when it came to the fried stuff, the oil never really got hot enough to cook anything. If you do go, stay away from the fried option.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    It is alright food but it was an interesting time. You will deff need to plan for about 2 hours. More than likely you will reap the rewards when you get home, just dont eat to much.

jesse

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Mandeville
    If you are going to spend that kinda money go to Ruth Chris. You will never have a bad meal there.

Yeah, you'll also have an average meal meal from a too corporate, too cookie cutter, too disloyal and unfaithful restaurant run by a bunch of POSs who have perverted everything Ruth Fertel risked her home to build.

Melting Pot is an average restaurant with way above average prices, but I'd rather eat there than the darken a door of Ruth's Chris ever again.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    Ive always liked Melting Pot, I dont think its overly expensive for what you get. Service is always top notch. Ordering a la carte instead of the big night out saves some dough. My wife and I can get out of there for 60 bucks including tip and be full. We go to the one on st charles usually but before they opened back up we would drive all the way to BR to eat it, from slidell. Weve probably been 50+ times over the years, no major complaints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom