Anyone Ever Been Involved In A Shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    This one time I was at my fishing camp in Delacroix. I had just started fishing in my skiff when I look up an low and behold these 3 city boys ignored my posted signs and decided they were going fish in my bay over my oyster reefs. I grabbed my .22 and got off at least 5 shots before those suckers turned tail and ran like little girls!

That is a joke BTW....for those of you not reading the whole thread and might want to take my post out of context...........

:bowrofl:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Had some thug hang a .22 or something similar caliber revolver over the top of his car and towards my Tacoma coming home from late night formula and milk for Momma and the boys. Didn't have any firepower, killed my lights and hung a quick right on the first road off of Amb. Caffery then worked my way home. Whoopee do.

Meh never mind.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Had some thug hang a .22 or something similar caliber revolver over the top of his car and towards my Tacoma coming home from late night formula and milk for Momma and the boys. Didn't have any firepower, killed my lights and hung a quick right on the first road off of Amb. Caffery then worked my way home. Whoopee do.

Still unclear as to why military stories wouldn't count here though.

Cause it ain't fair. We can't compete with those!

Make another thread though and post them there. Guarantee it will get more views than any of these threads!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Joking aside, I guess I can share mine.

About 25 years ago, I had to point a deer rifle in someones face to make them drop the rifle they were holding. They were about to shoot my daddy in the back and didn't see me. This took place over a fence line dispute in Arkansas on our own land. We learned several valuable lessons that day. One of which was that it is illegal in Arkansas to defend your property with lethal force.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Closest I ever came was being pestered by some bum in New Orleans. He kept asking to clean my shoes and everytime I tried to walk around him he would block me an bow up. All I had to do was drop my hand to my side where my ccw was and he quickly moved along to the next person.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Joking aside, I guess I can share mine.

About 25 years ago, I had to point a deer rifle in someones face to make them drop the rifle they were holding. They were about to shoot my daddy in the back and didn't see me. This took place over a fence line dispute in Arkansas on our own land. We learned several valuable lessons that day. One of which was that it is illegal in Arkansas to defend your property with lethal force.

Edited to add:
    I had every intention of pulling the trigger and was very glad when the gentleman put his rifle down. After the incident I discovered I had the safety on the whole time. :shocked:

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I had a guy attempt to carjack me when I was 17. He walked up to my truck asking for a ride and when I dropped him off he pulled his old .25(?) out and ordered me out the truck. I acted like I was getting out and when he went to walk around I floored it and ducked. He didn't shoot and I never saw him again. This was off of hwy 44 going towards hwy 74 on the back rd by eatel.

I also had to pull on a drunk guy in Biloxi for scrapin the coast a few years ago. Me and my girlfriend at the time were parked watching traffic and some drunk guys in a old Chevy truck parked next to us. They started making rude comments towards my gf and I had words with the driver, so I suggested we leave. The driver says, "I have something for you b**** and walked around the truck and flipped his seat up. By time he pulled his pipe out I had grabbed my pistol out the car. when he saw the gun his whole attitude changed. He apologized saying they were just joking and meant no harm.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my own experience.
    I had someone(I knew)threaten me and my family's lives, come to my home and attack me, pour a flamable substance all over my vehicle and yet not get arrested. This went on over about a two year span.
    He made one last mistake on a drug fueled rampage one night of kicking through the front door. He recieved a third eye that stopped him immediately. He posseing a 12" knife with intent to use it on me justified my actions.
    Given the same situation I would do everything exactly the same again. I will say that not a single day goes by that I don't have some thought of that night.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my own experience.
    I had someone(I knew)threaten me and my family's lives, come to my home and attack me, pour a flamable substance all over my vehicle and yet not get arrested. This went on over about a two year span.
    He made one last mistake on a drug fueled rampage one night of kicking through the front door. He recieved a third eye that stopped him immediately. He posseing a 12" knife with intent to use it on me justified my actions.
    Given the same situation I would do everything exactly the same again. I will say that not a single day goes by that I don't have some thought of that night.

Sobering.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was riding bikes with my friends in a factory complex in a business district about a 10 minute ride from my house when someone opened fire at us. We were 10 years old. I will never forget the sound of bullets.

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Yes, extremely sobering but, after the threat was over I don't and didn't think it was ever possible to experience so many emotions in such a short period of time immediately following. I was filled with adrennaline, stunned, pissed(I cursed him as he lay there for forcing me to defend myself in such a manor), and yet I don't think I was ever more in control of a situation ever in my life. I did have to make sure it was clear outside and had to draw down on someone else until I was sure they were unarmed. All this and I was able to calm others and assure them everything would be alright including the first responding deputy.
    After the threat was over I unloade my weapon and placed it on a table so as to not be taken as a threat myself.

I know a lot of people think it's a cut and dry situation when something like this happens. It was clear that I was defending myself and my family but yet it still takes time to be offically cleared of any wrongdoing. I remember having an anxiety attack one morning as I was drinking coffee and reading the morning newspaper.
    When I recieved a call and later a letter stating I was justified in my actions I broke down crying both times.

If you are ever in such a situation be sure to try and think clearly if that's at all possible.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Two times. One, I PM'd you.

The other was after Katrina. I work night shift at the Baton Rouge Airport, and they had a FEMA park on the north side after the hurricane. Standing out on the ramp, a car drove by northbound on plank road. Someone leaned out the window, shouting, and fired a gun about 10 times at me and some of my co-workers. We dropped flat as could be on the concrete, and listened to the bullets go by. He shot from probably 50-75 yards away from a moving vehicle, bullets were no where close I figure, but we still heard a high-pitched whine as some went over, I figure some hit the dirt somewhere as well.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Not as nefarious as some of these stories. But I have one to share :)

I was in my very young twenties. Hell I might have been still 19, barely married. But married I was and key to the story.

My parents always had a window that never locked. Every old house has one, a family-known entry for emergency lost keys. It was late, Jody and I were out for a late late movie when I remembered I had forgotten something at Mom and Dad's earlier in the day. So doing what any dumbass married brat does at 1 in the morning, I jiggled the broken lock. The intention was "get it, get out, go home".

There was my Daddy with his .45 pointing downwards, tapping his foot while waiting for me to realize that I had scared the whole damned house awake.

I won't say that was the last time I "broke in" to my parents, but you can bet anything I sang, I chattered, I lalala'd. It might have been my ABCs, it might have been singing Jingle Bells. But I made noise. From then on my mother was the one sitting in the kitchen waiting on me. :)

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yes, extremely sobering but, after the threat was over I don't and didn't think it was ever possible to experience so many emotions in such a short period of time immediately following. I was filled with adrennaline, stunned, pissed(I cursed him as he lay there for forcing me to defend myself in such a manor), and yet I don't think I was ever more in control of a situation ever in my life. I did have to make sure it was clear outside and had to draw down on someone else until I was sure they were unarmed. All this and I was able to calm others and assure them everything would be alright including the first responding deputy.
    After the threat was over I unloade my weapon and placed it on a table so as to not be taken as a threat myself.

I know a lot of people think it's a cut and dry situation when something like this happens. It was clear that I was defending myself and my family but yet it still takes time to be offically cleared of any wrongdoing. I remember having an anxiety attack one morning as I was drinking coffee and reading the morning newspaper.
    When I recieved a call and later a letter stating I was justified in my actions I broke down crying both times.

If you are ever in such a situation be sure to try and think clearly if that's at all possible.

I've been reading many of these stories with a dubious eye. But yours reeks of the truth for that single statement. I imagine it's an extremely stressful final solution to an on-going situation

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Yes. Don't let anyone tell you a 22 LRHP to the right side of the head doesn't hurt, it will absolutely ruin your day. The ambushing/criminal was out on parole for...armed robbery, there was a warrant out for his arrest for parole violations but they didn't know where to find him. He found me.. in my office. He didn't get my wallet or my car... he had had to run out the back door empty handed. I gave the police a real good description and now He's in Angola State Prision for a while. I need to check and see when he's due to get out, I want to keep an eye out for him...this time I'll be ready.

Gary

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Caught a ricochet once. One pellet in each leg. No fun. My own fault.

I was run off I10 and Franklin Ave late one night and a guy came at me with a tire iron. I happened to have my Enfield behind the seat (I was about 18 and didn't own a pistol at the time). I didn't shoot but damn it was close.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom