Anyone familiar with Parker A-LOK 316ss fittings???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    I have a bunch of Parker instrumentation a-lok 316 stainless steel fittings I'm wanting to sell and seeing if any of you guys in the oil or plant industry know a good place to get rid of them to. I've tried eBay and haven't gotten many views since its a speciality item. Any help is appreciatedView attachment 55561View attachment 55562 here are a few reference pics

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    There are always people with ads on craigslist offering to buy them as they are commonly "remived " from the local plants. Not sure anyone deals in small quantities as I have seen them for sale by the pallet.

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    There are always people with ads on craigslist offering to buy them as they are commonly "remived " from the local plants. Not sure anyone deals in small quantities as I have seen them for sale by the pallet.

Craigslist? Didn't think anyone on there would be looking for them. I have over 100 so not a little but not quite a pallet worth. I bought a bunch of organizer bins filled with crap and this was some of it

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    Yea I contacted one industrial surplus place and the guy offered me $2-3 a piece which is ludicrous considering they go for $50-90 depending on the fitting and are new not used.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    You should have taken the money. Most people that would be using only a few would just steal them from work. Anyone wanting more than a few is going to buy them from the same place he buys everything else from even if you are selling at penny's on the dollar.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Speaking as an industrial plant purchasing agent, the plants and reputable industrial contractors will not knowingly buy "not new" tube fittings. Most of the service is relatively high pressure and the risk of injury and/or damage is too high versus the money saved. Parker is a quality product, but I'm not sure what they're worth as surplus. Maybe there is an export market for them.

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    Speaking as an industrial plant purchasing agent, the plants and reputable industrial contractors will not knowingly buy "not new" tube fittings. Most of the service is relatively high pressure and the risk of injury and/or damage is too high versus the money saved. Parker is a quality product, but I'm not sure what they're worth as surplus. Maybe there is an export market for them.

I figured maybe a privately owned boiler maker contractor or something of the sort would buy to save a ton off materials. If
    I don't get a decent offer then I'll keep them and use them for making an air line from my compressor in my shop

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge

The fittings are brand new, they just weren't made this year

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    What are the Ts 1/2" to 1/4"?

cost from say swaglok (not Parker but same) $18-30 ea depending on size and config T, elbow (90deg), unions etc haven't priced them in awhile so don't hold me to it, also running tubing can be a form of artwork lol

Last edited:

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    What are the Ts 1/2" to 1/4"?

cost from say swaglok (not Parker but same) $18-30 ea depending on size and config T, elbow (90deg), unions etc haven't priced them in awhile so don't hold me to it, also running tubing can be a form of artwork lol

1/2-3/8" alok 316 reducing Union. Look at online distributors and they are around $80/each

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Your dead on about that, We don't and will not accept opened boxes of odd ball/regular size ss tubing fittings, Besides this is probably the worst time of the year and the price of oil thrown in to make a sell on weird fittings that no-one will use in a years time, 1/2 to 3/8 is not a communally used fitting, Ever!

They are considered used/or surplus, even though you think not, if sold buy anyone other than an authorized distributor of the product.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom