Anyone go from iphone to android, or have a note 2?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I've had the note 2 for over a month now. I absolutely love it. At first it seemed a little large but by day two it seemed normal. It fits in my pocket with no problems. The note 2 is a little narrower than the note 1 so that helps with the way it fits in your hand and pocket. My wife has the galaxy s3. Its a nice phone but the note 2 has a few more features available. You will want to pee on every other phone you have ever used. The speed is ridiculous and the battery life is nuts. I had well over 6 hours of on screen time before the battery needed to be recharged.

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    I went from the iPhone 3g to iPhone 4 to the galaxy note and I won't go back to apple. I have had it for about a year. Its big but its not to big. It fits in your pocket just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    does anyone know if you can get a composite out cable for any of the android phones mentioned here like the note or s3? I wouldnt mind trying one but a composite output cable is a must.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Thinking about a note 2. I want the bigger screen, being able to read on it, having the stylus to just write on calendar, etc. but not sure I want to carry something that big. Those that have it, how much of a pain is the size? Is it worth it? Do you wish you would have gone with the S3 instead?

If you went from iPhone to android, how hard was the change? I been having iphone since v1 now so pretty used to it.

Any opinions (other than "apple sucks") would be welcome. Please follow with examples. I know many dont like apples practices but not interested in that opinion as I have my own views on that already.

Thanks!

I used a few iPhones that belonged to friends and bought a Droid HTC Incredible. I had not previously owned a "smart phone" and used a flip phone until Jan 2011 when it physically broke (screen went crazy).

The iPhone was not intuitive, I did not like the touch-screen interface, the auto-correct always got it wrong, and in general, it felt alien to me. The Droid was intuitive, I learned it quickly, and the auto-correct was a lot better.

The Verizon network is MUCH faster when I compared it to ATT.

iPhone's don't play Flash.

All-in-all, when I finally kill my HTC, I will again buy a Droid product. I hate apple aside from that, but it just doesn't work as well as my Droid. Even the new iPhones are just "meh" to me. My Droid is much more user friendly and I prefer it.

I am not a cell-phone geek, and mine isn't "cracked", or anything of the sort. I am not into electronics. I just want something simple that allows me to: Browse the 'net, make calls, take pictures/videos.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have the S3, I think the note is too big, especially after you put it in a case. You can root the S3 and have tons of capabilities too, just like the note.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    in terms of strictly the physical hardware and capability the android is light years ahead of apple without debate or discussion. Apple bases its business on a simple interface that anyone can pick up and quickly learn to use effectively. If you want to upgrade the memory, watch flash, double your camera quality, (...i could go on) then android is the answer. If you've got a macbook or ipad and want to sync all your stuff, then stick with the apple line.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you get the Note, be sure to get a case. I went from an iPhone 4 to the Note when they first came out. Loved the screen size, and Android wasn't bad at all to get used to.

The Good:
    -Screen size
    -Performance, phone never felt slow or laggy

The bad:
    -Updates. Samsung and AT&T aren't quick to push out OS updates.
    -MMS, picture messages didn't work very well, especially compared to iPhone.
    -Battery Life (though probably better on the Note 2), buy extra chargers to keep at work, in the car, etc
    -Delicate, At the time I got the Note, Otterbox didn't have a case out yet. The phone fell out of my pocket sitting at my desk in the office about 1/12 feet to the floor. Phone looked ok when I picked it up, look at it that night and there's a crack all the way across the screen. Next morning there was a second one.

So, after I cracked the screen, I offloaded it on eBay and am back to my trusty iPhone 4. Holding out for the next gen iPhone, 5s I'm guessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom