Anyone go to the Slidell Gun show today?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    It was crowded lots of over priced stuff the usual crap, 20$ for a surplus uzi mag, blah blah I just go for the laughs these days, I did buy a 10$ Glock hat though!!
    It beat the crap out of a XD hat on the way out.

Last edited:

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    If video killed the radio star....Internet killed the gunshow trade. For those that are too young the first reference is to the first music video played on MTV, when they played music

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Went yesterday with a buddy of mine who was looking for a Glock 17. Never seen so many overpriced guns since the last gun show I went to. They had used Glocks selling for $550 sitting next to new Glocks selling for $550... I asked what gives and they said the Gen 3 was better than the Gen4 so it was worth more.

Hit the local pawn shops after and found a 3rd Gen Glock 17 for $329.99 at Cash America Pawn. Serial number puts it at 2009. My buddy got a sweet deal on that one. So my advice hit the pawn shops you'll find better deals than a gun show and there isn't an admission fee.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Thanks all, I am $8 richer because I had a feeling it would be as you all described. If I go to any more, I will try Kenner because it is a larger show.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah, I get excited when I get the email telling me there is a show coming to town and then I go and am really disappointed. I am always looking for AR accessories and they usually have high priced good stuff or high priced Chinese crap. And, most of the vendors are a-holes. Especially the ammo guys. They talk to you like you are an idiot and not worth their time which is funny because with the Internet their business has to be suffering. I guess they survive on suckers who don't get good information like we get here on BS. I have missed the last few of the ones in Kenner because of being busy but I don't really feel I have missed anything. Maybe after the election they will bring their prices down from their hysteria levels.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I went by some booth that had a bunch of magpul stuff that wasn't THAT high. They had the 2nd gen windowless pmags for something like $12 each IIRC which is fair I think for local pricing. Also I was blown away by the knowledge of the lady running the booth. She was trying to explain to someone why the commercial magpul stock he was looking at wouldn't work on his milspec buffer tube and he just didn't get it. She was patient and thorough and he still just scratched his head and mumbled something under his breath as he walked off.

There was a guy selling ammo cans for $12 a piece which wasn't so bad either. Buddy tried offering him $50 for 5 of them and he refused. Ended up just paying the $60 for them without tax which was still better than he could find online :dunno: Didn't see a single gun listed at its value though and nobody wanted to wheel and deal :dunno:

Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    I had to shake my head when I got to the table with the $1.00 pair of toenail clippers and the 5 hour energy drink.

Top Bottom