Anyone got a line on an AK group buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm not sure why all of the AR prices are going back down, but AKs are still ridiculous.

Because ARs are produced here in the US, and production can easily be ramped up to meet demand. AKs are seeing the same demand, but supply is still limited to what can be imported.

lpso708

Jul 11, 2008
    Thibodaux,LA
    I get one for a good price. I we find kits at a good price we may work something out with Bam Bam for his help in the build. this is the best way we can save.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I get one for a good price. I we find kits at a good price we may work something out with Bam Bam for his help in the build. this is the best way we can save.

Barrel less kit are running $350+, then $100+ for a barrel and about $100 for a receiver with the transfer. AK builder had some Egyptian kits and Khyber kits yesterday but are sold out today.

returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Because ARs are produced here in the US, and production can easily be ramped up to meet demand. AKs are seeing the same demand, but supply is still limited to what can be imported.

Maybe you know this, why is there not a glut of AK manufacturers here in the US like AR's? It seems like its am untapped product line.

dhebe37

Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Definitely seems like now is the right time to get into the business haha. Atleast if you don't think these bills are going to pass (which I don't). I definitely wouldn't mind paying $600 to build a nice AK, but I don't know what barrels/receivers I would want or what route to go or how to build them for that matter. I've been so deep into buying and building my first ARs that I shot my first AK only about a month ago. Now I'm dying to get one, but I can't afford one that's actually worth buying.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Maybe you know this, why is there not a glut of AK manufacturers here in the US like AR's? It seems like its am untapped product line.

Because the machinery investment would be immense, and as long as parts, kits and rifles are still being imported there's no way to compete with the pricing. Also demand for AKs has never been nearly what it is for ARs which makes the investment even harder to justify.

If the day comes where all imports are banned, that may change. Until then it's just not profitable.

returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Because the machinery investment would be immense, and as long as parts, kits and rifles are still being imported there's no way to compete with the pricing. Also demand for AKs has never been nearly what it is for ARs which makes the investment even harder to justify.

If the day comes where all imports are banned, that may change. Until then it's just not profitable.

I don't know enough about AK's, but you'd think they could turn them out like toyotas, automate almost all the process and flood the market with good quality $500 AK's.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's not an AK, and they've only got 2 of them, but I thought this may interest someone out there:

http://www.wlarms.com/product/sa-sks-7-62-x-39/

"Modified to fit AK mags, these guns shoot well. We experimented with the idea of modified SKS’s, only two were produced. Some slight modifications to the AK mags might have to be performed. The barrel shrouds need to be permanently fixed to the guns, welded or set screwed, as they did loosen during test firing."

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    It's not an AK, and they've only got 2 of them, but I thought this may interest someone out there:

http://www.wlarms.com/product/sa-sks-7-62-x-39/

"Modified to fit AK mags, these guns shoot well. We experimented with the idea of modified SKS’s, only two were produced. Some slight modifications to the AK mags might have to be performed. The barrel shrouds need to be permanently fixed to the guns, welded or set screwed, as they did loosen during test firing."

I think I will stick to a SKS-M on those, as the chinese did it correctly, O dont know if I would trust these guys on that....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom