Anyone have land to shoot on near BR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey guys,

I have a buddy who teaches CCW classes, but he is in need of some decent land that he could do the shooting portion on. He lives in Baton Rouge, and he would be willing to pay to use the land or lease the land if it is close enough to Baton Rouge and capable of shooting on. He doesn't have a Bayou Shooter account, so I figured I would throw some feelers around on here for him. Let me know if anyone is interested in possibly leasing some land that they do some shooting on, and I will definitely put you in touch with him. Like I said, he teaches CCW classes, so he is a gun safety fanatic. Even if you know somebody who knows somebody that could help out, it would be much appreciated.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Good Luck, There are more than 100 Instructors in this area looking for land where they can shoot.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    "Like I said, he teaches CCW classes, so he is a gun safety fanatic." , when I took my CCW class in Kenner (Shooter's Club I think) the instructor basically took people who probably wanted to learn about the subject and told them the most horrible information possible. Two weeks later my friend goes and he says same ****....sorry didn't mean to call you out on that it just made me think of it.

I have 2,000 acres near Raceland!

Seriously though, my friend who is an instructor just uses the local sheriff's range I think he worked out a deal with them...but its not Baton Rouge are they more ruff over there?

dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lol trust me I know some of the classes are a joke. But I posted another post with a link of his YouTube channel, and if you watch, he's definitely on top of his ****. He's the guy who taught me most of what I know about guns/gun safety. I'll tell him to contact the sheriff's office around here if I can't find anything better.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    what would happen if there were an accident on said property during one of these classes? I would assume the property owner would be held liable, correct?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    what would happen if there were an accident on said property during one of these classes? I would assume the property owner would be held liable, correct?

All Instructors should have insurance but you can be assured the property owner would be included in the law suit filed by the injured person.

Top Bottom