Anyone have personal experience with the ruger SFAR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whtstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    I was reading about it in American rifleman and wondered is anyone here had seen one, owned one or shot one. How does it handle?
    I’ve never considered buying a ar10 but I like the smaller size.
    Had anyone in Baton Rouge area seen them on a shelf? I would like to handle it in person.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I haven’t seen one around here in a while, not to say there isn’t one.

I’d say it’s the rifle next in line to the 716i Tread in terms of review count. Majority of them being positive.

I haven’t shot one but a friend of mine does have one and to my knowledge has had no issues and has said before he likes it.

I have the Sig 716i. It has run flawlessly for me and I like how it handles. I purchased it from Bowies around late 2021 believe.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have the POF Rogue which is their ultralight .308, had it just over a year zero complaints, it's one of my favorites.

Peterpaul227

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Northshore
    I think it’s neat and light . I got it for being low cost and light as larger rifles irritate my shoulders from time to time . it is easy to handle and works good on setting 3 .the recoil is a little more than a ar15 but still easy ,you will be off your target a little more after each shot also I have never hadled a full size ar10 but a M1a and it’s night and day diffence . a mid weight barreled ar15 with no light weight parts is pretty close to the same feeling shouldering . If it weren’t for the recoil diffence you wouldnt know it was a .308.
    I only shot it this last Sunday w iron sights . No scope mounted .

Whtstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    I have the POF Rogue which is their ultralight .308, had it just over a year zero complaints, it's one of my favorites.
    That’s definitely out of my budget. The ruger sfar is available for almost 1/2 twice of rogue. The sfar with the 16” weighs about 7 lbs.
    Kind of sucks that the gas adjust is needs an Allan but its a budget gun.
    I

Top Bottom