Anyone here interested in training MMA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    If so, there's a gym on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge that has classes in all the good stuff... boxing, muay thai, brazilian jiu-jitsu, wrestling, etc. I'm there 1 to 2 days a week. If anyone is interested in checking it out, PM me and we can meet up. This is a real deal gym with professional fighters, not some "dojo" teaching tae kwon do/karate nonsense. More info on the gym... www.GladiatorsAcademy.com

HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    It's definitely a great form of exercise, especially working with a bunch of cage fighters. You just have to attend regularly. I can barely walk and move my arms today because of boxing last night.

jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    I've been really interested in Kendo (arguably, more of a sport than a martial art) as of late, but the only Kendo club in New Orleans closed down in the aftermatch of Katrina it would appear. Anyone have suggestions on where to go?

Kendo, for those who aren't familiar with it, is Japanese fencing - but instead of a sword you get a bamboo stick. Very long National Geographic video on the subject here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXMfPPWkMVY

Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    I may be able to start after this semester. I just need to see what my schedule will look like for next semester. School comes first.

HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I've been back to going weekly, but only boxing. Josh can smoke me on the mat in about 20 seconds now, lol. I've been seeing Jim and Ryan there. Ryan had a black eye last week from Muay Thai. :cool:

Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    I've been back to going weekly, but only boxing. Josh can smoke me on the mat in about 20 seconds now, lol. I've been seeing Jim and Ryan there. Ryan had a black eye last week from Muay Thai. :cool:

Yeah, once you miss for awhile everyone passes you up.. If I didnt work so damn much and have a racecar now, I might start going back. Maybe one day. I rolled with some friends a few days ago after watching the UFC. I pwnd them. :rofl:
    I miss it.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    anyone in lafayette do this? its something I have always been interested in and certainly wouldnt mind learning a thing or two as well as keeping in shape.

Top Bottom