Anyone ID a spider?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't care if a banana spider would do my taxes and mow my lawn, I'd still collapse to the ground and cry like a little girl if that thing was on my head.

What about a hybrid? :mamoru:

raccoonspider.jpg
    [/IMG]

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What about a hybrid? :mamoru:

raccoonspider.jpg
    [/IMG]

BAHAHA :rofl: that is hilarious. Has rabid Mr. Rocco A. Coon and his family making a nice vacation home of his attic, and he is scared of a little ol' spider, ;)

The only reason banana spiders get a pass with me is because someone (who probably had no idea) told me that they were VERY good to have around to keep mosquitos at bay, and since the banana spiders are so easy to ID, I stopped worrying about them. If I leave them alone they will leave me alone. Now, if one was in my house and caught me off guard... well see my above post for various options on what I would do. It is all about getting caught off guard. I would get up close to a black widow or some deadly spider to take a closer look if I KNEW EXACTLY WHERE IT WAS before I saw it. That is why I don't like those big ass roaches, because sometimes you can be in a house or shed and they are around every corner, and you never know when one might crawl up your leg and lay eggs in your butt or something. The "bug" that creeps me out the MOST even if someone says "hey come look at this" would have to be millepedes and centipedes... Those things are freaky as it gets. All those little legs all moving at once, it gives me the heebee jeebees. I don't even like watching VIDEOS of those things... unless it is one of them fighting some other bug or animal. For some reason bug fights are always cool to watch both in person and on video.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    BATS are good for keeping insects at bay. I've been wanting to put up a bat house here.
    Spiders in their pre-flattened stage are annoying and bite and trespass into my home.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I am not bothered by any bug, spider, snake, insect or anything to that nature, with the exception of a ROACH. I ****ing HATE roaches. Especially the big ass brown wood roaches that can fly. Man, I hate those damn things so much, that I almost don't like getting close enough to kill them. I have had a few of the fly off of a wall straight at me, you talk about wanting to come out of ones skin....IOW, no words can explain how much I hate a damn flying wood roach. Of course, I am sure that if we had a lot of the other various species of roaches around here, I would probably find a few that I hate just as much as the wood roach. One thing I have yet to understand, how the hell is a cockroach considered a delicacy food? I don't care where you are from, and how poor you are, or what the culture is like, it just amazes me to think about how a damn cockroach became, and still is considered not just a "food", but a "delicacy". Strange people in this world.

marco

Family Friendly
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Sulphur LA.
    This?
    images

There are bazillions of these "Banana Spiders" or the "Golden Silk Orb Spider" where I hunt deer before the cold weather arrives. Totally harmless, but still will give you the willy's when one or two wraps around your head in the dark.
    I've looked at them pretty close and they do have some serious fangs on them. I actually saw a small bird caught in one of their webs. That webbing is like wire.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    spider1.jpg
    [/IMG]

Found in the house this morning.... other than being kinda big, wondering what it is?
    thanks.

As mentioned, all spiders have venom, it's just a question of if they possess fangs large enough to deliver a bite to a human and not all spider's venom is strong enough to be a major issue.

I was bitten many years ago by a spider just like the one in your photo. I was cutting a trail at a deer camp in East Feliciana parish and that spider bit me on my left forearm. It stung a little at the time but not too bad. There was very little swelling but it left a little knot, about 1/4" in diameter that stayed there for a loooooong time. I had no other ill effects.

royd416

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Thibodaux, La
    Thats what this spider looks like to me. Not a fan of spiders.

Spyders, I am a fan of.

Attachments

• thCAOT1175.jpg
      thCAOT1175.jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 61
    • thCAXWB1AU.jpg
      thCAXWB1AU.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 45

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It is NOT a brown recluse! And since there are only 3 poisonous spiders in the US, The brown recluse, the black widow, and the Hobo (which doesn't occur here), you needn't worry.

WHO CARES! ALL spiders bite!!!.... I say kill them all and ID it later.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    I've looked at them pretty close and they do have some serious fangs on them. I actually saw a small bird caught in one of their webs. That webbing is like wire.

Not to mention it RUINS bluing on your shotgun barrel at 5:30 AM as you're trying to navigate in the dark.

Top Bottom