Anyone in the VFW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcw85

Hotter than a $2 pistol
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thibodaux, LA
    I am a Navy veteran and was looking for someone with first hand experience with the VFW. Is it worth it? what are the meetings like etc. An info will be helpful thanks

Last edited:

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I used to be with the Covington post ,a few years ago, but dropped out. Bingo and a bar for fund raisers . Just wasn't for me and too far to travel for me. It's just me, but as ex big drinker, I didn't need to be tempted . Cabeash ?

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Join.

The organization took care of us when we were deploying and were on hand to hand us cell phones to call home as soon as we touched down back here.

That ALONE got me to join.

They also fight for vets bennies. (Another reason to join)

Having a bar you can stop in ANYWHERE in the country is meerly a fringe benny.

Darkwolf99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Bossier City
    The VFW is a great organization. I was the Post commander and District Vice Commander up in Missouri. They do a lot of wonderful things for veterans. As stated, they are one to fight for your benefits each year. They help with VA appointments and send troops overseas calling cards and care packages. How much you want to give is up to you. We did dinners for vets, thanksgiving meals, dances, fundraisers to help family members of vets. Most have a bar and most use BINGO as a fundraiser.

I would recommend you go and check it out before you say no. I have always been welcomed with open arms to each VFW I have visited.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    that's the problem with some of the vet groups.i qaulify for the vfw and american legion but i dont think its fair if you didnt serve during war time you dont get in.were all veterens.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    that's the problem with some of the vet groups.i qaulify for the vfw and american legion but i dont think its fair if you didnt serve during war time you dont get in.were all veterens.

I don't know - there is something distinctly different about serving during peace time and doing combat-time in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Some organizations are for vets, some are for vets of wars.

If you think as you do you should then you shouldnt have a problem with civillians getting vets bennies... Afterall its not fair...

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Been thinking about joining myself, never really knew of a reason to join since anyone can go in and eat/drink.

My cousin who got out of BCT/AIT a few months ago and went back to Ft. Couch, I don't consider him a veteran. He likes to fancy himself as one to others but not to me.

Top Bottom