anyone kill aything thanksgiving weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    I went and put out corn and rice bran thursday night and saw a buttload of rabbits but that was it and went for the most part all day saturday and didn't see or hear aything thing.

PS if you corn in mississippi be careful I know in my area they are flying over low looking for it

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Shot a doe this weekend. It was late Saturday afternoon when I shot, 5:15 p.m.

Went duck hunting Sunday morning, and got eaten alive by mosquitos. Didn't get any woodies flying by our decoys. Guess that's what we get for duck hunting in a cypress swamp when it is 55 degrees.

TigerFan

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    Shot a doe this weekend. It was late Saturday afternoon when I shot, 5:15 p.m.

Went duck hunting Sunday morning, and got eaten alive by mosquitos. Didn't get any woodies flying by our decoys. Guess that's what we get for duck hunting in a cypress swamp when it is 55 degrees.

TigerFan

definately not what I'd suggest to do

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    We had fun though. I hunt with a good group of guys. There were four of us just bs'ing and swatting mosquitos while standing knee deep in flooded timber. Still good times eventhough it wasn't the best of conditions.:D

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    I guess that's why it is called hunting and not killing. I can go out and spend all weekend in the woods and not see a deer, hog, or duck, but still leave with a good feeling. Just something about being at the camp with friends, going out in the woods to hunt, makes me relax and recharge for the week.

Heck, I even enjoy spending summer weekends up there working my tail off setting up stands feeders and salt licks, clearing trails, planting food plots, and of course sighting in my rifle and shooting some clays w/ the shotgun.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think i'd enjoy it more if my father-in-law didnt take me a 1/2mi into woods :hs:

i told him next year we're going somewhere a bit closer :rofl:

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Did the mosquitos eat you up this weekend? They've been bad up by us.

I went out and bought a ThermaCell. I was skeptical at first, but once it heated up it made a believer out of me. It now became a must have in my hunting supplies.

TigerFan

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    30 to 40 ft up they didn't really bother me that bad but they aren't really bad in mississippi to begin with.

Spanky: man up ***** I have to walk about a 1/2 a mile with a climber on my back

I do get discouraged if I spend all day on a stand and don't see anything. and ADD kills me. good thing I have phone service in my stand or I'd go crazy

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    30 to 40 ft. Man that's up there. What type of tree you climbing, pine? Must be a straight tree with little taper and scrub branches, that's why I guessed pine. Hunted with one guy that climbed a telephone pole that overlooked a cutover. Worked out pretty good for him.

Another item that helps pass the time is an i-pod. My hunting partner has one that holds three full length movies. He sits in his stands and watches new releases. I got to get me one of those.:D

TigerFan

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    I usually bring my sunday school lesson and or a pocket bible. I usually don't bring my ipod due to bow hunting I need to be quiet.

I use a API grandslam and I wqas climbing a magnolia tree but on my way down I got hung up like 2 dogs humpin so I'll climb the oak next to it until I can get teh chain saw after the nots on side of it. I liked the magnolia due to the shade and coverage from W&F flying over hehe

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    That's what I use an API GrandSlam. Others I have tried are Ole Man, King Kong Lounger, and Loggy Bayou. Threw the Loggy Bayou down the trash heap after the thing slipped down the tree while i was climbing. It happened on two different trees at different times. When bow hunting I mostly rely on red bull and skoal to keep me awake and aware. Now that its gun season, I back my stands off the salt, feeders or food plots a bit, so i have a little more freedom.

Where do you hunt in MS?

Oh yeah, if ya'll hunt in LA make sure you have your deer card w/ you while you hunt. W&F are cracking down pretty hard about filling it out before you start hauling your deer.

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    To each their own. I feel it would be nice to have while sitting on a stand for 12 hrs a day, not an every hunt type of thing of course.

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    That is not hunting! Hunting is enjoying the outdoors and listen to the wind blow in the trees and also listing for deer.

my thoughts as well.

spanky I think api makes a stand for people with more to love ;) but you do need to remove yourself from in front of the computer and walk around the block.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom