Anyone know anything about slidefire?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I am assuming none of us have a time machine.

The product appears to be good to go, but you will still hear tons of people crying about comparisons to the Akins Accelerator. The point is that the Akins Accelerator was approved based on a malfunctioning part, so the story goes. This product was approved based on a fully functioning part, supposedly. So in my opinion (which is as good as anyone who doesn't work for the BATFE) it appears safe...

I just don't see spending $300 on a stock that is a toy at best. I don't like that you have to push forward with your support hand, instead of pulling the rifle into your shoulder tightly. To me, this is creating an unsafe firing platform where your accuracy will be less and less controllable. I've already heard from one person who works a gun range, that he's already seen jack holes coming in and shooting the crap out of their equipment because they can't keep it on target. I know - many of us will be fine with it - I just hate the premise it's based upon. Maybe I'd feel different if it were $100 or less. :)

Just put your rifle on a rest, or use a VFG to lock it against a barricade or stable edge of some kind, and pull the trigger real fast. You'll waste just as much ammo ;)

Last edited:

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    I have quite a bit of experience with fully automatic weapons, I have 5 plus years in the Infantry and am level 3 armorer qualified through the army. I have fired everything from a beretta m9 to a javalin missile to a 120mm mortar, most of them in combat. Im not really worried about controling the weapon or wasting ammo as much as investing my hard earned money in something that is unreliable/ unsafe, that is why I come to all my b/s compadres for first hand experience. The only reason I am considering this stock is because I feel it is one of those items that slipped through a loop hole in the ATF that will be made controlled/ restricted in the future and I consider it an investment more than a toy. (lightning link anyone?) Again thanks for your response and imput, Dylan

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If it becomes banned, it will be worthless. It is a horrible investment. You can read about what happened with the Akins Accelerator for an example of what happens to something post NFA that is no longer an approved item.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The biggest problem is see with it (other than the things JNieman mentioned) is from a mechanical standpoint, making a rifle not built for full auto fire...full auto. True M16s and M4s are built to a certain standard, as are many quality AR15s. However, I foresee problems as more of these hit the streets when people start slapping these on their Bushmaster/Olympic Arms/Delton/Whatever plinker type ARs that are in no way built to withstand such abuse. Best case scenario we'll see a couple blown up guns, worst case someone getting hurt.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know little of the specific differences between an upper receiver from Delton or OA, et al, (I went Daniel Defense for my only AR at the advice of a Marine friend who's quite active in the industry) but wouldn't the only real problem be ejection problems from light buffer springs? Maybe our armorer pal has insight.

OP: If you're looking into it as an investment, that's a whole other barrel of fish. If I remember correctly, the Akins Accelerator was forced to hand over it's customer list so that all of those *cough*fully automatic weapons*cough* could be seized by the BATFE. Now, say I walk into Dave's guns in Lafayette and buy one. I pay in cash, and that's that - no one knows who bought them and Dave's has no way to know who bought it if the BATFE comes knocking on their door to retrieve stock. However I think the items are put on such a "**** list" that if one were reportedly sold, and the BATFE caught wind in their Patriot Act ways... it would not likely end well for you. That's the real crapper... it's because if these things were banned, it is because they are considered a part that readily converts a weapon to be fully automatic. That's some heinous crimes in their eyes if you're caught in possession, let alone dealing.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    it cant be banned because it's not fully automatic. it's still one shot per trigger pull. if they ban this device then they'll have to ban the entire act of bumpfiring because it is no different.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    The biggest problem is see with it (other than the things JNieman mentioned) is from a mechanical standpoint, making a rifle not built for full auto fire...full auto. True M16s and M4s are built to a certain standard, as are many quality AR15s. However, I foresee problems as more of these hit the streets when people start slapping these on their Bushmaster/Olympic Arms/Delton/Whatever plinker type ARs that are in no way built to withstand such abuse. Best case scenario we'll see a couple blown up guns, worst case someone getting hurt.
    poppycock

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I just came up with something here.... most people here already have everything they need for their own slidefire stock.

just use a 6-pos carbine stock. loosen the retaining part so that it slides freely and then strap the stock around your shoulder so that it stays in place, keep your arm stiff and do pretty much the same thing. might not be as good or as accurate as the SSAR stock but at least it should work similar.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    it cant be banned because it's not fully automatic. it's still one shot per trigger pull. if they ban this device then they'll have to ban the entire act of bumpfiring because it is no different.

So was the akins accerlerator, and it was still banned. The ATF is unpredictable and power hungry don't underestimate what they are willing to ban.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Buy a 5.45 upper and a couple of cans of ComBloc surplus ammo, drop the 5.45 upper on your AR when you want to burn ammo, swap the regular 5.56 upper back for serious use. Everyone is happy.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The only reason I am considering this stock is because I feel it is one of those items that slipped through a loop hole in the ATF

They approached the ATF first before they went mass production. The Akins accelerator was a modification unlike this product HENCE THE REASON it could be found illegal by the ATF standards. This would require a new re-written definition of their Regulations which is something not likely to happen anytime soon, but not UNLIKELY to happen ever.

If it becomes banned, it will be worthless. It is a horrible investment. You can read about what happened with the Akins Accelerator for an example of what happens to something post NFA that is no longer an approved item.

:run:

Always funny to see how spirited folks can be against things they don't like. It's as if you not only hate the product but the people who own it too lol :p

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They approached the ATF first before they went mass production. The Akins accelerator was a modification unlike this product HENCE THE REASON it could be found illegal by the ATF standards. This would require a new re-written definition of their Regulations which is something not likely to happen anytime soon, but not UNLIKELY to happen ever.

:run:

Always funny to see how spirited folks can be against things they don't like. It's as if you not only hate the product but the people who own it too lol :p

I am not against the stock or the people who own it. If you can make something and sell it to others for a profit, then do it! The OP asked about it as an investment, as investments go this would be a poor one which will lead to a decrease in worth.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I think the akins had a spring to reset it which you have a mechanical means (illegal). On the slidefire you have provide the forward push to make it operate.
    I hear ya hitman.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I think the akins had a spring to reset it which you have a mechanical means (illegal). On the slidefire you have provide the forward push to make it operate.
    I hear ya hitman.

Yeah it did I was just saying that just because something is one pull of the trigger doesn't guarantee it's safety, as suggested by Mr Wilson.

Top Bottom