Anyone know of Barking Irons Firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I stopped by after my lunch at Santa Fe Cattle Co., and immediately "Gunner" the pup greeted me...all ears flopping and tail wagging.

I chatted with them a while, found out a good chunk of the Corporate big-wigs around my company stop in to shoot the breeze and look around. Ended up with a hat and box of HST 9mm ammo. Never used HST before, but willing to try something new.

I also had to drool over the gun case of course. I was glad to see they had a bit of everything in stock. Not loads....but a bit.

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    Stopped in a few weeks ago and met a couple of the guys. Seemed nice, professional, and willing to help. Friendly and not arrogant. Worth a return visit next time Im in the market for something.

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I got a trigger job on my SP101 there. Very nice job and reasonable price.
    Good guys. Gun prices are better than others in town, but ammo is a little steep.
    Worth a stop.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The only negative things about them are that their non-guns are not their best deals, they don't have a ton o inventory, they're not closer to my house, and they don't have a shooting range.

Good prices on guns, not amazing, but good. Great service, and that makes up for a lot of anything price related. Fair deals when trading (yes, I've traded with them). And they REALLY know their AR platform guns.

Overall, they're my favorite gun store.

bayoukajun

Old & Cranky
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Gonzales, La.
    I'm not saying anything bad about them because I've never dealt with them but here is a thread from 1911 forums, for what it's worth. The following is a picture of the gun in question.

attachment.php

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=394592&highlight=barking+irons

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Yeah I had a not so stellar experience with the gunsmith staff on my 1911 there also. Jim's was backed up and decided to give them a shot.Very nice people and wouldn't hesitate to buy a gun but I couldn't recommend their gunsmith service.

Top Bottom