Anyone know the Quality?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2hogluckydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Metairie
    I disremember what exactly, but their stock latch (IIRC) is weak/faulty, or something like that.

Buy the time you get a upper and a Recever and you need a FFL for the
    Recever. Better to buy a DSA complete gun. Or try to find a Good Parts Kit.

Gun parts Guy.com :)

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Buy the time you get a upper and a Recever and you need a FFL for the
    Recever. Better to buy a DSA complete gun. Or try to find a Good Parts Kit.

Gun parts Guy.com :)

I already have several FAL's... I just want to turn one or 2 into a Para.

On FAL's the UPPER reciever is the serial numbered part, I can buy this kit/lower as simply spair parts and put them on one of my FAL's...

Thanks though.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Falcon side-folder on my AK. Not exactly related to your question, but may sorta be.

I got the rifle from Lancaster, and had problems with the fit of the original side folder. Sent the rifle back to Lancaster (to avoid voiding the warranty with DIY work), and they offered to buy and install a falcon side-folder. They said it was much better than the one they had initially installed on the weapon.

Before agreeing to the new stock I did some looking on ARFcom. All comments there about Falcon were very positive.

Just sayin' Falcon is a reputable vendor.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I have a Falcon side-folder on my AK. Not exactly related to your question, but may sorta be.

I got the rifle from Lancaster, and had problems with the fit of the original side folder. Sent the rifle back to Lancaster (to avoid voiding the warranty with DIY work), and they offered to buy and install a falcon side-folder. They said it was much better than the one they had initially installed on the weapon.

Before agreeing to the new stock I did some looking on ARFcom. All comments there about Falcon were very positive.

Just sayin' Falcon is a reputable vendor.

^ Thanks, that was my concern (Another guy told me that he had a problem with his Falcon parts... and they stood behind their product)

...That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    ^ Thanks, that was my concern (Another guy told me that he had a problem with his Falcon parts... and they stood behind their product)

...That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

They actually did more than that (I didn't elaborate in my previous post since I wasn't sure I was on-topic).

When I got the AK back from Lancaster with the Falcon stock, it was loose (it wobbled). I didn't want to return it to Lancaster (Long story, but the Reader's Digest version is that they had my rifle for 5 months before shipping a replacement - because they lost the original rifle).

Anyway, I was through with Lancaster so I called Falcon to ask what I should try. The owner (I forget his name) said to ship him the rifle and he'd look at it.

Got it back 4 days later. Stock was rock solid. I called to find out what he had found - he said the Lancaster folks had "butchered" the installation. He fixed it, at no charge, and would not let me pay him for the cost of shipping the AK back to me.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Got it back 4 days later. Stock was rock solid. I called to find out what he had found - he said the Lancaster folks had "butchered" the installation. He fixed it, at no charge, and would not let me pay him for the cost of shipping the AK back to me.

now THAT is good business!

FALfan

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Jackson,La
    Let me know how this works out for you. I have a DSA para kit on back order and dont expect it to arrive any time soon. I had looked at the Falcon set up. I called the gunsmith who built my FAL (CGW) and he advised me to wait for the DSA over the Falcon. Let's see some pics when you are done.

Top Bottom