anyone local sell lead shot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    A group at Hunter's Run puts together an order from Gamaliel's (sp?) every so often. Don't know how you'd figure out when/who unless you go there though. Think they were ordering 25# for $27 last time i saw it on the message board.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Depending on the cost, I'd be interested in going in with you on some bulk if you go that route.

ok. Ill shop around and see what I can find for bulk prices. Best price I found so far has a 500# minimum. Ill try to find something better. I found some plans to make a shot maker. That might be a project for a later date.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    A group at Hunter's Run puts together an order from Gamaliel's (sp?) every so often.
    This is what I did for my last shot order from several years ago. Minimum order, for the group, was a ton. Showed up on an 18 wheeler along with the ranges ammo order. Shipping was free as I recall as we piggybacked on an existing delivery.

At a few guys at 500lbs each it was pretty easy to hit the 2000lb mark.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    im gonna make some calls monday and get prices. Ive never loaded shotgun shells before. Ive got a progressive loader and the hulls. Im gonna do the match and see how much I need for 2k shells. If this turnes into a group buy I really dont want to be the one to handle it. But if we buy enough I do have a forktruck to unload a pallet.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Ive never loaded shotgun shells before.
    Easy. Cool thing about loading shotshells is there is no working up of loads like in metallic reloading. Pick your load and acquire the components exactly like the recipe. Peruse the load tables and you'll see that a simple primer change can have a dramatic effect on pressures. Once you have the components then it's a simple matter of some-assembly-required.
    -snip- see how much I need for 2k shells.
    Simple math.
    1.125 oz per load x 2000 = 2250 ounces
    2250 oz / 16 = 140.6 lbs
    Or 6 bags to account for spillage, phase of the moon, etc.

As a minimum starter set I'd go with 250lbs, 10 bags. If you compete at all you'll go through that fairly quickly. And you don't know when the next group buy will come around again either.

But if we buy enough I do have a forktruck to unload a pallet.
    Hunters Run has their own forklift. You have to pick up there to get the shipping discount.

stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Can also try gunbroker. Have some smaller lots that are a little over $1/lb. Not sure how much you're looking at. The shot on gunbroker is reclaimed lead and melted down to form shot. Doubt it's the tower dropped (or however they do it). Don't know your needs, but it's another option.

Hawke34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2013
    Metairie, LA
    Check out Bayou Bullets. (http://bayoubullets.net/) Donnie Miculek, brother of famous record shooter Jerry Miculek, owns and runs the shop out of Gramercy. They are coated with some sort of bullet coating bullet lube. I used to shoot lead ammo out of my glock and would clean each time I went to range and it was quite dirty, but with Bayou Bullets, they are much cleaner. The prices are right, they ship fast, and they are cheap.

Top Bottom