Anyone own an HK p30??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Been interested in this pistol here lately and was wondering if anyone on here had one and liked it.. If you got one or have shot one post up your experience please, thanks.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Thanks!! Everywhere I have looked they seem to be sold out for some reason but I agree it does look very similar to a p2000.. I look forward to the review.

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Picked mine up last year.. had to order/transfer in. All the shops around Lafayette laughed at me and said good luck finding one. Its my first carry pistol and my first HK. My XD45 is well made, but the HK just "feels" better. The different grip panels fit tight and it shoots like a dream. My comparison (woodworker wise) my marples chisels do the job well enough, but my japanese chisels do it perfectly... better design and craftsmanship. My only gripe has to do with the sights... the "glow in the dark" paint reminds me of something that comes off of a kids toy. They are ok in daylight, useless in lowlight... Heinie makes a straight eight night setup that I'm looking into picking up.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Glad I wasnt the only one unable to find one.. I asked our local shops as well and got a similar response that you received ulshop. I will continue to pursue one, wish you were closer so I could get my hands on it at least.. Thanks for the review though

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Glad I wasnt the only one unable to find one.. I asked our local shops as well and got a similar response that you received ulshop. I will continue to pursue one, wish you were closer so I could get my hands on it at least.. Thanks for the review though

If you decide to get one shoot me a PM. I have a line on some P30 with the LEM trigger. I'm not sure if you prefer the LEM or the SA/DA. I bought the 5.5lb trigger LEM.

shang'sHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/shangsHK/?action=view&current=grouppic2.jpg
    I love my p-30. Most would think otherwise about paying so much for it, but if you have the $, and wanna try something different, this is the pistol (in my opinion). My only complaints about this pistol is the cheesy glow in the dark sights, and the long reset on the trigger. I really like the grip and as you may already know it's interchangeable. the pistol shoots very smoothly, and is one of the most accurate 9mm's i've ever shot, third to my p7 and p7m8. I've shot lots of different kinds of ammo through this pistol and Remington UMC are the only one that jams the pistol. Others prictice ammos i've used, like blazer brass, winchester (white box), CCI pretty much runs flawlessly. Well i hope this helps some, and If you have any more Q's about this pistol feel free to ask.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/shangsHK/?action=view&current=grouppic2.jpg
    I love my p-30. Most would think otherwise about paying so much for it, but if you have the $, and wanna try something different, this is the pistol (in my opinion). My only complaints about this pistol is the cheesy glow in the dark sights, and the long reset on the trigger. I really like the grip and as you may already know it's interchangeable. the pistol shoots very smoothly, and is one of the most accurate 9mm's i've ever shot, third to my p7 and p7m8. I've shot lots of different kinds of ammo through this pistol and Remington UMC are the only one that jams the pistol. Others prictice ammos i've used, like blazer brass, winchester (white box), CCI pretty much runs flawlessly. Well i hope this helps some, and If you have any more Q's about this pistol feel free to ask.

That sucks. I have a ton of that crap. :( and was planning on using it in my P30 :( :( :( :mad:

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    If you decide to get one shoot me a PM. I have a line on some P30 with the LEM trigger. I'm not sure if you prefer the LEM or the SA/DA. I bought the 5.5lb trigger LEM.

Only downside would be me having to get them sent to an ffl here in ms. What did you pay for yours?? PM me if you want to keep it private.

shang'sHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    I really wanna say, it might be because remington UMC is a very weak, light round and the new stiff springs on the P30 are just having a hard time cycling the round, but the same thing happens to my .45 sig sauer p220, which had over 500 rounds prior to using the UMC. Regardless, when i shoot, remington umc's are a no no.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    howell did you try dad's super pawn? From what I hear they are one of the biggest hk dealers in the area.

Was in there today and while yes they have a ton of hk's they do not have the p30 and they were the ones who told me good luck finding one.

They did however get a new shipment of ar's, a few lmt's and about 10 s&w m&p15's and many various ak's.

Top Bottom