Anyone play Magic The Gathering (card game)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    They actually make a VIDEO game of the magic cards now. You can get it on PS3, XBox, IPad, Steam.

So you can play a virtual version of made up playing cards. (!)

It's terrible.

There is, however, Magic Online that is exactly cards in real life. You buy packs, trade, sell, build decks, and they have tournaments for cards/packs/money. It is just as expensive as playing in real life only you get absolutely nothing real for it.

I take that back... if you get an entire set of one expansion in Magic Online, you can trade it for a real one.

It's a dorky money-pit if you're playing to be competitive. So unless you have tons of money and tons of time, have fun with the pre-mades at work.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I played back in high school and tried to keep playing in college. I didn't have many people to play with and the allure of booze and women won me over instead. I sold my collection which had 6 of the Power Nine for $2500 when I turned 21. Planned on using the money to purchase my first gun.

Now that I have sons, I somewhat regret selling it because it would have been fun to teach them to play.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    I'll have to try to dig them out this weekend. I know he has a bunch of dragons that he said were a big deal, the cards were multicolored around the edges. Also I remember a few which were a grayish brown color that had a yellow doll being tortured.

BLACK VISE or THE RACK. I still play. Go to http://magiccards.info/ You can look up literally thousands of new cards.
    You can also print up proxies of the cards if you don't want to spend the money.
    It's a fun game. Keeps the mind moving. For me, it's like chess with cards. You have to stay several moves ahead of your opponent.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    BLACK VISE or THE RACK. I still play. Go to http://magiccards.info/ You can look up literally thousands of new cards.
    You can also print up proxies of the cards if you don't want to spend the money.
    It's a fun game. Keeps the mind moving. For me, it's like chess with cards. You have to stay several moves ahead of your opponent.
    I googled it and he has both of those. If I see pictures I can usually point them out but I did another google search and saw there are probably 50k different cards out there. Any idea on how old those would be?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I googled it and he has both of those. If I see pictures I can usually point them out but I did another google search and saw there are probably 50k different cards out there. Any idea on how old those would be?

What color is the border of the card and is there a small icon of some sort just under the picture on the right?

Top Bottom