Anyone put the Glock 43 through it's paces yet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'm on the list to get one and will hopefully get it in the next couple of months. I haven't really read any positive or negative reviews. Anyone had the opportunity to put a good round count through their's yet? What's the feedback so far?

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    Shot 200+ rounds the first weekend I had mine. Shot great. NO malfunctions. Hit pepper popper steel out to 50 yards. Now have Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it and the trigger guard rounded. Great carry pistol for when you don't want to carry a full size gun. Highly recommend this pistol.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They are being well received and Steve purchased one. What does that tell you?

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    They are being well received and Steve purchased one. What does that tell you?

It must be a winner! I actually got the call last Thursday that my name was up to purchase one, but I decided to hold off a little longer. I guess I need to be sure I'm still on the list so I can get one next time.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I bought it and sold it.

Shot fine but I found it was too small (frame was too short) to get to in a hurry. I could do it fine standing on square to the target but under duress (under a timer or in some funky position) I found myself really having to work to get a good grip on the pistol. The TTI extended base plates might have helped but I didn't feel like waiting on them.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It must be a winner! I actually got the call last Thursday that my name was up to purchase one, but I decided to hold off a little longer. I guess I need to be sure I'm still on the list so I can get one next time.

Call Don and ask him to put you back on the list. If you want to "try before you buy" as Steve did let me know.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I love mine. I have a few hundred rounds through it and love it. Only issue I have is that it is so easy to carry that I find myself carrying it too much instead of a bigger gun. A great gun to carry when you can't carry a gun. Academy in Houma had at least one in stock a couple weeks ago, I overheard a guy looking at one when I was in there getting some ammo. Maybe they are starting to show up in stores more???

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    i debated back and forth on it, but im back on the "buy it" train. I love the g19/26 mag flip flop combo, but after dealing with deep conceal issues with my 26 I may give the 43 another look

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I've been going back and forth also. The 26 feels too small in my hand. Can't decide between the 43 or a M&P9C. Had a LC9 and didn't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    TTI base pads ARE expensive, since it's only a base pad, but they are worth it IMO
    They are machined aluminum, anodized, and can be removed without tools. Plus it comes with a new spring.

Glock Store also sells Double Diamond aluminum base pads.

TTI base plates for the G43 magazines Do Not come with Springs.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been going back and forth also. The 26 feels too small in my hand. Can't decide between the 43 or a M&P9C. Had a LC9 and didn't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I found that the pearce extension made a world of difference - my frustration came when I realized that with that modification I was essentially holding a sawed off g19. I ordered a g43 this morning. ~ few weeks ish is what I was told.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Mine carries decently and runs flawlessly, I just find I don't shoot it worth a damn yet. I get the same scores with my 26 as my 17, but my groups with the 43 are horrible (for me). I haven't run it through a POST course yet, but I plan on doing the 42 and 43 back to back and keeping what feels better.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I could have sworn they did. Their double stack base pads come with new springs, at least all of mine did.

Correct on full size. I have installed more than 5 but less than 10 on G43 Glocks and None came with Springs.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    the Wife shot it the other day at SBISC and liked it a lot now we are looking for one. they had 2 at the Slidell gun show but were over 525.00 so we passed on them.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Correct on full size. I have installed more than 5 but less than 10 on G43 Glocks and None came with Springs.

You have me curious now. How stiff are the OEM springs, that the Taran pads don't need stiffer springs? Do they feed reliably?

My plan was to find a G43 and add the +1 pads ASAP.

Top Bottom